Chapter 5: Leo's Concern

It wasn't long before Leo woke up from his slumber. It was not a sound that woke him up around the latest hour. He had the gut feeling that wouldn't settle down after the talk he and the others had with Splinter. This gut feeling would not settle so this was the reason why he was wide awake at night. His mind was soon switched over to his little brother and the Pinkie Pie doll.

"Why does Mikey need that doll?" Leo wondered in his head. "He's already got Ice Cream Kitty." He didn't know what to think of this new doll, or more specifically Mikey's new behavior. The one Mikey that would smile all the time, play pranks on his brothers and sister, laugh a lot, and more was no longer there after the incident with Raph and their argument. What Raph said to Mikey was unacceptable, especially when the baby brother of the team is very sensitive. "Perhaps the doll is bringing him comfort in some way like Ice Cream Kitty and we can't give." The thought kept gnawing at him like a rabbit trying to gnaw off the stem of a vegetable. Maybe a glass of water can help him go back to sleep.

Leonardo carefully tiptoed towards the kitchen so he doesn't disturb the others and Donnie since he would be up most of the time at this hour. Once in the kitchen, he noticed a familiar color of pink in the kitchen. "Maybe Kophu can't sleep either." he whispered to himself. Once he was close to the kitchen, he quietly stepped inside. But what he saw wasn't Kophu at all, but the Pinkie Pie doll instead. Surprised, he didn't know how to react. "P-Pinkie Pie?" he stuttered, confused. "Weren't you in Mikey's room?" He stared at the doll as if he was expecting an answer, but he stopped and sighed as he knew dolls couldn't talk. His blue eyes then noticed something in Pinkie Pie's arms. A small juice box was being held back in the two forelegs of the small pony plush.

Before Leo could question it, he heard two footsteps coming out from the restroom. When he looked over, he was almost taken aback when he saw Mikey appear. He had a tired look in his eyes as he was just woken up by something. Possibly a dream? When his baby blue eyes landed on his older brother, the sleep had immediately vanished and a big smile spread across his face but Leo can tell it was forced. "Hey Leo, whatcha doing up so late?" he whispered. "I could ask you the same thing Mikey." the blue masked turtle responded. "What are you doing up this late hour?" Mikey's forced smile soon fell and his gaze fell to the floor. Leo could feel the atmosphere around his little brother change. From joyful to sadness.

Mikey suddenly smiled again, this time with more force, and he looked over to Pinkie Pie. To Leo's surprise, Mikey's smile turned into a half fake, half real smile as the orange masked turtle walked over to the pony doll. "I just needed to use the bathroom and Pinkie wanted something to drink." Mikey explained. "You may not believe it but she did say wanted something to drink." Once he said that, he scooped up the doll into his arms and held her like she was a small child again. Leo didn't know what to say at this point as no words came out of his mouth.

With no more words, Mikey carried Pinkie in his arms and walked out of the kitchen. Leo, in silence, quietly got his glass of water and quietly went back to his room. Though in his mind, he could get the conversation of Mikey out of his head. Surely at this point, Mikey would only speak to her, and by her, he meant the doll Pinkie Pie.

As he drank his water in silence, he started to remember the eyes of Pinkie. Those cerulean blue eyes on the doll. He almost thought they were staring straight at him, but he didn't know what to think of it. At this point, he didn't have a conclusion why Mikey's behavior would shift when he's around his brothers or when he's alone with her.

Before long, Leo had already fallen fast asleep in his bed. But in his dream, he was almost surprised to see the room in nothing but complete blackness. Not a sign of light anywhere his gaze switched. Suddenly as he turned around, a small whimper behind him made him jump. His ocean blue eyes finally landed on the source of the sounds but they quickly silenced as he saw it. He was almost startled by the sight of the source.