Chapter 15: Location Discovered

In two weeks is the day. The day they turn sixteen. Sweet sixteen was close. But it wasn't going to be the same for the family. The Hamato family hasn't been the same since Mikey had run away from home. It wasn't his fault really. After all, they were the ones who caused him pain.

But the family never gave up. They were still on the hunt to search for the youngest son and bring him home. No clues so far and no place was left unsearched. Mikey wasn't found anywhere. These results were damaging the family further and further. Not just their hearts, but possibly their mental health too.

Splinter watched in despair as his sons and daughter took it too hard. Kophu was always remaining in her bedroom, crying non-stop as she was always caring for Mikey and without him, it was hurting her. Donnie kept himself locked away but he didn't focus on his inventions as usual, so he was looking through his camera monitors to find Mikey instead but he had no luck finding him. Ollie and Leo were in the dojo meditating, hoping to reach Mikey's inner peace as Splinter had done but they failed.

Raph took it the worse. The glass punch was the worst thing he had ever done to his brother. The memory of what he did still haunted him...but that dream was enough to make him crumble down with shame and fear. But his mind was also still stuck on that dream he had before. What did that skeletal pony mean by 'danger'? He didn't know and he's not sure if he wanted to know.

When word of Mikey's run away reached April and Casey, they had different reactions. April seemed like she didn't care as she did back with the photo of the skeletal pony, but she was truly shocked and saddened by Mikey running away from home. But she couldn't blame him since Raph was the one who harmed him. Casey was outraged and quickly put their friendship on break until the red masked turtle makes amends with his baby brother and if he didn't, he said he'll break it off completely and start anew with Mikey.

Right now, the family was in Kophu's room watching how the youngest daughter of the family was crying her light pink eyes out. Her mask was soaked with tears as she hadn't taken it off since that day. The family watched in heartbreak and sorrow of how Kophu was going through. In the youngest turtle's arms was a yellow and red spotted present tied with a bright orange ribbon and a pizza shaped tag was attached onto the bow.

April couldn't help but she was also doing her best to hold back tears since she had a close friendship with Mikey. She gently stroked the dark pink masked turtle's head as she felt her heart break at the sight. "Oh poor Kophu. How long has she been crying like this?" she asked. "About four hours is my guess." Casey shrugged. Donnie rubbed his eyes and yawned tiredly while looking at his computer. He had visible dark circles under his reddish brown eyes before he spoke groggily, "Four hours, twenty-six minutes, and twenty-seven second." Ollie sighed at the state of his purple masked brother's state and he turned to Leo who gave him a questioning look. "Is he still trying to find Mikey on the camera monitors?" he asked, worriedly. Ollie nodded sadly and sighed sadly. "From what I observed, he hasn't been getting any sleep lately, only when he passes out." he explains. Leo sighed worriedly and looked down at his feet.

Casey and Raph watched how everybody was reacting, not sure how they'll react tomorrow. Ever since Casey started the friendship break, they've been keeping their distance from each other. "Poor Donnie." Raph muttered, when he suddenly jumped at the sound of Kophu wailing out loud. "Poor Kophu." Casey rephrased. Both males turned to look at the only girl turtle, looking at the present she had in her hands. She choked back her cries and tears as she sang softly to herself. "Happy mutation day to you. Ha-Hap-Happy mu-mutation day to y-you." April seemed to have caught on what Kophu was singing and realization filled her in. "That's right. Tomorrow is you guys' and Mikey's mutation day."