Chapter 25

In the days after the Undertaking Oliver and Laurel tried to give a relationship a try. Oliver ended up not being able to deal with the pain of the loss of Tommy and also failing to stop the Undertaking, so he left Laurel and Star City to go back to Lian Yu to be alone.

"Why would Ollie leave all of us like that?" Thea said.

"He thinks that he failed the city just the way that all of the criminals had, and he thought that the city would most likely be better off with out him." Laurel said.

"Oh, I guess I can see that." Thea said.

Diggle and Felicity end up going to Lian Yu to talk Oliver in to coming back to Star City because of his mother's trial and the fact that Queen Consolidated is falling to pieces and it needs someone from the Queen family there to pick up the pieces. There is a person who is about to get ownership of the company if Oliver doesn't come back.

Once Oliver gets back to town, he hears about the mayor getting shot by a group called the Hoods, who are trying to take up where Oliver left off. Oliver went there that night to check on Laurel who was there because she now worked at the DA's office.

"Are you ok?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, I am fine. I guess those martial arts classes came in handy." Laurel said.

"I think we need to talk." Oliver said.

"If this is about us, Oliver I can't do that again. You left me and I can't trust you in that way again." Laurel said.

"I understand. I just need to know that you will always be in my life. I don't think I could live without you being my friend." Oliver said.

"I will always be there for you Ollie." Laurel said.

"Well, I better get going. I have a company to save after all." Oliver said and he hugged Laurel and left.

Oliver then goes and checks on Thea who is now running Verdant. They talk about their mother who Thea wants nothing to do with after what happened with the Undertaking.

Oliver goes to QC the next day and meets Isabel Rochev who is trying to take over the company. While they are in a meeting the Hoods come in and try to kidnap Oliver. They do not get him and so later they go to Verdant looking for Oliver again but then they decide to take Thea instead. This finally get Oliver to put the Hood back on and go and save his sister. He saves Thea and then takes the Hoods to where Quentin is and leaves them there.

"You left them alive for a change." Quentin said.

"I am trying to do things differently this time around." Oliver said.

Later Oliver visits his mother and tells her that he doesn't know how to keep the company and she gives him an idea of what to do to save the company. The next day Rochev thinks that she is going to have a majority of the shares for the company when Oliver comes in with an investor who helps him buy 50 percent of the shares. This person was Walter.

Thea goes and visits her mother later because the attack earlier made her see things differently and she wanted to make amends and they did.

Roy is out in the Glades later and he see a woman getting cornered by a guy and he goes to help but he isn't able to take them all on. That is when a new female vigilante helps him out and then leaves.

"Was that you Sara?" Laurel asked.

"Yep, that was me." Sara said.

"That is a cool suit." Thea said.

"Don't you think you are showing off a bit much?" Quentin asked.

"Dad, it distracts the bad guys which helps sometimes." Sara said.