Kabanata 28

Kabanata 28

Love

Third Person's View

"Doc, kamusta ang lagay niya?" Nag aalalang tanong ni Kristen.

"She's stable now. Mabuti at nadala niyo siya agad sa ospital bago pa lumala ang kondisyon niya. The patient has a mild allergy on peanuts. Is she aware of her condition?" Tanong ng doctor.

Tumango si Kristen. "Yes, doc. We knew about her condition. It's an accident. She didn't know her sandwich has peanuts."

"I believe this isn't the first time it happened?"

"Yes, doc. This isn't the first time. Mayro'n po siyang gamot para sa allergy niya but she forgot to bring it with her," she answered and sighed.

Napalingon si Kristen nang pumasok si Kharlah sa loob ng private room ni Serbianna. "I called her parents. They're on their way."

Kharlah looked at her friend who's lying on the hospital bed. "Is she okay now?"

"Yeah. But I don't know when she'll wake up," sagot ni Kristen.

"She's just sleeping right now. She'll be waking up soon," the doctor said.

"Thanks, doc," ani Kharlah at nakahinga ng maluwag sa sinabi ng doctor.

Umupo sa paanan ng kama si Kristen nang makaalis ang doctor. Pinag masdan niya ang itsura ng kaibigan, wala na ang mga maliliit na pantal-pantal sa kanyang katawan. The color in her face is back too and her breathing is now stable.

"Si Alston?" Tanong ni Kristen kay Kharlah ng maalala ito.

"I don't know. Maybe back at the university," Kharlah answered.

"We've been pretty harsh on him at the coffee shop. I have to thank him for driving us here to the hospital," Kristen uttered, feeling guilty.

Kharlah sighed, "I know. The two of them still have to talk."

"Bibili ako ng pag kain. Hindi ko naubos 'yung pagkain ko kanina. May ipapabili kaba?" Tanong ni Kristen at tumayo mula sa pag kakaupo.

"Iced tea lang."

"Okay, call me when she wakes up," Kristen said before heading out of the room.

Ngunit laking gulat niya ng makita ang isang lalaki na nakasandal sa labas ng kwarto ni Serbianna. "Alston? Akala namin umalis kana," sambit nito.

"How's she?" Tanong ni Alston.

"Still not wake up. But the doctor said that she's stable now. Natutulog lang daw siya."

Alston just nodded. "Mind if I treat you something? We still haven't thanked you for driving us here to the hospital," Kristen said.

She's trying to be nice to him because she's feeling guilty about the words they told him at the coffee shop. Kristen knew that he isn't a bad guy. Serbianna definitely saw something on him. Because if not, she wouldn't go through all those craziness just to talk to this person.

"You don't have to," he answered.

"I insist. Besides, I have something to tell you."

It took him a few seconds before nodding. Nag lakad silang dalawa palabas ng hospital at nag tungo sa malapit na convenient store. Alston followed her silently. Kristen grinned when she found what she's been looking for.

"Here," ani niya sabay abot kay Alston ng iba't-ibang klase ng gummy bear.

He looked at her confusingly before taking it, "what's this?" he asked.