Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The night after the encounter with Alston, Serbianna was surprised and touched when she heard a knock on the door of her dorm room. Opening it, she found Kristen, Gwyn, and Ericka standing there with warm smiles, holding bags of food.

"Hey, Serbianna! We brought some food for you all," Kristen said cheerfully.

Serbianna's heart swelled with gratitude at the thoughtful gesture of her friends. "Wow, that's so sweet of you all! Come in," she invited them warmly.

Kharlah and Jillian, who looked equally surprised and delighted to see the unexpected visitors.

Gwyn placed the bags of food on the table, and Ericka started unpacking the containers with a smile. "We brought some of your favorite dishes and desserts. It's a little impromptu dorm dinner party!"

The dorm room was filled with laughter and chatter as they settled down on the comfortable couches and cushions, each holding a plate of snacks and sipping on their favorite drinks.

"So, what's everyone's plan for the weekend?" Ericka asked with a mischievous grin.

"Ah, plano ko bisitahin ang local art exhibition sa gallery," Kristen replied. "They have some new exhibits, and I'm really looking forward to getting inspired."

"That sounds awesome!" Gwyn exclaimed. "I'm going to visit my family on the weekends. It's been a while since the last time I went home."

Ericka nodded in agreement. "Uuwi din ako. I need to buy a gift for my little sister's birthday next week."

"I have a concert ticket for a jazz performance," Jillian chimed in. "Susulitin ko na 'to dahil sigurado akong magiging busy kami next week. I'm not sure when can we get another free weekends like this."

Kharlah smiled. "That's true. Our course really eats a lot of our time. That's why I also wanted to spend this time to unwind. Matagal na rin akong hindi nakakapunta sa salon and spa. I'm going to spoil myself this weekends."

"How 'bout you two, Gwyn and Ericka? Ano naman ang plano niyo?" Serbianna asked.

"I don't have any plans yet. Justin is busy this weekend so I'm not sure if we can hang out. Their schedule seemed pretty tight this week." Gwyn said with sadness laced on her voice.

"Yeah, same with Carl. But I plan to visit him at his apartment this weekend. Our monthsary is coming up and I wanted to surprise him," Ericka answered.

"Wow, that's great!" Serbianna said gleefully.

"Ikaw ba, Serbi? Do you have any plans?" Gwyn queried.

Serbianna took a moment to collect her thoughts before responding. "Actually, I'll be going home this weekend. I want to spend some time with my family and visit my father's grave."

Her friends exchanged soft glances, sensing the significance of her words. They knew that her father's passing had been a significant event in her life, and they wanted to be supportive.

Gwyn reached out and gently squeezed Serbianna's hand. "That sounds like a meaningful way to spend the weekend. We're here for you if you need anything."

Serbianna smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Gwyn. It means a lot to me. I haven't visited his grave in a while, and I think it's time for me to pay my respects."

Ericka nodded in understanding. "Family time is important. It sounds like a good opportunity to be with your loved ones."

"I agree," Kristen chimed in. "You should take all the time you need."

Jillian added with a warm smile, "And remember, we'll be here when you get back. If you want to talk or need anything, don't hesitate to reach out."

"Thanks, guys."