ᑕʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ Tʷᵉˡᵛᵉ

#12

' ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇs ᴡʜᴏ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ
ᴛᴇɴ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ʟᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ ,
ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇʟʏ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘ . '

𑁍︎.𑁍︎.𑁍︎

After class ended one day, Kokichi was leaving the classroom and waiting in the hallway for Shuichi when Maki Harukawa was passing by.

"Oh, Harukawa-san," Kokichi said without thinking, causing Maki to look over at him with surprise. Kokichi panicked slightly and shook his head. "Sorry, my bad.. Um.. how have you been..?" He asked awkwardly.

Maki stared , then looked down and bit at her thumbnail nervously. "Fine.. I guess.." she murmered, looking at her phone clutched in her other hand. "He hasn't... texted me back..." Maki whispered to herself, seeming in deep thought.

The purple-eyed teen tilted his head slightly in some confusion. "Who hasn't –" he tried to ask, but was cut off when he felt someone swing their arm over his shoulder.

"Kokichi-kun!~" Shuichi kindly greeted, looking down at the other before his eyes drifted to Maki.

"Harukawa-san.." he greeted to her, but in a more settle manner. Kokichi noticed when Maki looked over at his boyfriend, she flinched before quickly walking away.

"Huh. Oh well. I bet she's just worried about our tests we have this weekend before our vacation," excused Shuichi, starting to lead him and Kokichi down the hallway. "I'm pretty excited. I'm also surprised IIdabashi-san agreed to come with us," he admitted in a sheepish tone.

Kokichi smiled a bit. "Y-yeah, I was too. But I think IIdabashi-kun is starting to warm up a bit.." he replied, scratching his cheek.

Shuichi raised a brow. Warming up? Didn't Kokichi mean Keebo was warming up to him and nobody else?

"Heh , yeah. It's great." He lightly chuckled. As Kokichi and Shuichi walked down the crowded hallway full of students leaving to go home for the day, Shuichi met a brief moment of eye-contact with a taller male with green hair and a brown sweater. It seemed a knowing smile of amusment was shared between the two, as if they both saw past the lies and facades the other wore.

.
.
.

It became normal for Kokichi to start walking home with Shuichi. They lived in the same apartment complex after all. So it made sense, right?

"Hey, Kokichi. You should come over to my place." Shuichi stated very suddenly and very excitedly. It caught Kokichi off guard. "My uncle and aunt won't be home tonight.. We should study to make sure we have good enough scores to make it to the trip."

Kokichi thought about it. It made sense, but something in the pit of his stomach told him to refuse. But he didn't really have a good reason to say no. "Why don't we go to my place?.." He suggested, but Shuichi agreed easily to that thankfully. Even if it wasn't what he neccesarily wanted.

.
.
.

"I'll be right back. Just gotta get my stuff," called out Shuichi. Him and Kokichi agreed to study at Kokichi's apartment, but Shuichi left to change and get his notes.