ᑕʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ Tʷᵉⁿᵗʸ

#20

' ᴀs ᴀ ʀᴇsᴜʟᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʀᴛɪsᴏ ᴄʜᴇᴍɪᴄᴀʟ ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴅʏ, ᴡᴇ ᴛᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴄᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ɪʀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏʀ ɪɴᴀᴘᴘʀᴏᴘʀɪᴀᴛᴇʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ '

𑁍︎.𑁍︎.𑁍︎

[Warning for blood
and mention of torture]

Pain.

That was what Keebo felt ringing in his head. He was half awake, half asleep in a dazed state, and wasn't too sure how long he was conscious before he felt something lightly slap his cheek a few times.

"Huh. Oh, you're still alive... Good. I was worried I hit you a bit too hard on the head."

Was someone there? They sounded slightly familiar. Keebo tried to open his eyes, but somehow that simple action seemed impossible, and when he was able to crack his eyelids open a bit, everything was blurry. All Keebo could make out was a distorted figure of someone's face right in front of his.

"O..Oma.."

"Heh, what a nice guy. Even now you're worried about him," replied the voice, who, when Keebo could finally see clearly, was Rantaro Amami– just causally smiling at him.

Now Keebo was awake. His head immediately shot up as he started to try and get to his feet. But began to struggle when he realized he was tied up to his kitchen chair. Wait, he wasn't in Shuichi's apartment. He was back at his house? How did they even get here? But Rantaro was more than glad to answer questions.

"Calm down, calm down. Saihara sent me your address you see." He said like he knew what was going on Keebo's mind. "He got a girl from class to spy on you. She was gonna do this, but apparently she's just too shaken up from Momota's death to be here today. Poor thing..." he sighed, sadly shaking his head. Rantaro seemed pretty geninue. Unlike Shuichi, who wasn't sympathetic or seemed to have any real feelings for anyone or anything, Rantaro seemed more honest; and didn't wear a mask or fake his emotions, either.

Keebo blinked. That was a lot of information to take in, but he didn't have time to ask about everything.

"Amami.."

Rantaro's eyes looked back at Keebo and he nodded his head slightly with a hum, indicating he was listening.

"It.. it was you who killed Momota... wasn't it?"

Rantaro scratched the back of his head, and smiled almost embarrassed, but a dark glint glimmered in his eyes.

"Haha," he chuckled. "How embarrassing. But yeah, I did. How did you know?"

Keebo felt sick. He was right here in the same room as a killer. Worst, it was his own classmate that killed another of his classmates. But luckily, Keebo was the kind of person who could keep his emotions and feelings in check when needed. He swallowed and continued to speak even though he just wanted to close his eyes and sleep off this pounding headache.

"Your clothes. Back at Kyoto, when me and Oma saw you, you were wearing a jacket, Amami,"