ᑕʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ Տᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗᵉᵉⁿ

#17

' sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ʀᴇᴅᴜᴄᴇs ᴅᴇᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ, ɪᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀʟʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ '

𑁍︎.𑁍︎.𑁍︎

The discovery of Kaito Momota's body had cut the school trip short. No surprise there. The police were called in and the students had to answer questions, particularly the boys who had found the body in the first place. Keebo still remembered when he eavesdropped on the conversation between the police as they were talking about Momota.

"Apparently whoever did this, thought about it. The victim's clothes were filled with rocks to keep the kid deep in the water, and the ropes that were holding him were tied around the rocks in the spring."

"Do you think it was one of the students?"

"Apprently they were all in groups with someone."

That's when Keebo's stomach dropped. He was separated from Kaito that day. Wouldn't that make him highly suspicious? The only people who knew could know that Keebo and Kaito were alone was Shuichi and Kokichi.

But.. that raised the question why Shuichi didn't throw Keebo under the bus? Obviously he despised Keebo. Especially for being so close to Oma.

Either way, all the students were moved to another , much smaller inn nearby so the previous inn could be investigated. Since no trains nor buses would be available tonight. They would have to go home the next morning.

And by the time he finished talking to the cops, and got to go home, the classes that were involved on the trip were all depressed and wanted to go home to their families. Classes were canceled for the week so friends and family could go and pay their respects to Kaito at his funeral. Not to mention, the teachers were in a mess; the entire school's incident was on the news. This was the second time a student from the school had been killed. Kaede's twin sister being the first victim a few years ago.

.
.
.

"If you don't stay away from Keebo IIdabashi... Someone will die .....

..and who's fault will that be...

...Kokichi-kun..?"

Kokichi awoke from the horrible sleep he was in, panting and covered in cold sweat. He was tangled in the sheets and blankets. His throat felt dry and his stomach felt like it was non-stop churning around.

"I killed him.. I killed Momota..." Kokichi thought, running his hands through his hair. Tears couldn't even form in his eyes. His expression dead. Kokichi was going insane. He couldn't take this anymore. Because of him, one of his classmates died.

"And listen to me , Kokichi-kun...if you try and disobey me... I'll tell the cops IIdabashi was the only one alone with Momota. That would surely make him a high suspect on their list?.."

"Oh, right. And my uncle is a detective, and helping solve the case at that... Think he would listen to his beloved nephew if he told him that his classmate IIdabashi hated Momota for picking picking on you...?"