ᑕʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᗴⁱᵍʰᵗᵉᵉⁿ

#18

' ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴡʜᴏsᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ , ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴀɪɴ ɪs sɪᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ᴛᴏ ᴘʜʏsɪᴄᴀʟ ᴘᴀɪɴ '

𑁍︎.𑁍︎.𑁍︎

When classes got back on track, school days were a gloomy experience indeed. It seemed the sun never shined anymore, and the skies were suffocated under a heavy dark grey blanket; the air was stiff and crispy colded; nobody was smiling anymore at school or in town which resembled a depressed landscape of low spirits and melancholy.

Kokichi hardly ever showed up at school. And when he did, it was only enough times he couldn't get expelled. But sadly, when Kokichi did show up, Keebo never got to speak to him. Kokichi completely ignored him. As soon as class ended Kokichi left with Shuichi without sparing Keebo a single glance. Sometimes Keebo tried waiting at the school gates, trying to catch Kokichi when he was coming, but Keebo was still given the silent treatment. And as it continued, it began to hurt Keebo more and more; his heart felt like it was being stabbed everytime.

Coming up with the conclusion Kokichi couldn't speak to Keebo because Shuichi was always there, Keebo tried waiting for Kokichi at the comic shop every night after school. However, after waiting four, even six hours by the spot near the K1B0 comics, Keebo would end up leaving without Kokichi ever showing up.

If Keebo knew where Kokichi lived, he would've already went to his house to confront him and figure out what was going on. But then again, he was sure Shuichi knew Kokichi's address. For all Keebo knew, Kokichi was a prisoner in his own home, and if Keebo wasn't careful, he could screw something and Kokichi could end up hurt.

But one Saturday evening, Keebo was at home when he realized his kitchen was bare. His father hardly ever went out to get groceries, so it became Keebo's job.

His father had left this morning for a science convention downtown. So he wouldn't be back until tomorrow, so Keebo had to take care of himself till then. Not that he always didn't already.

Keebo sighed as he closed the fridge after seeing it had basically nothing in it. It wasn't too late. It was almost 9:00 PM, and Keebo didn't want to stay out too late. So he got pulled a black jacket over the white sweater he was wearing to protect him from the chilly evening weather, and slipped on his shoes before stepping out of the house.

As he was walking to the nearest super market outside his neighborhood, Keebo suddenly haulted in his tracks. His breath hitched and his eyes wide as saucers as he could've sworn he saw... that was Kokichi just exiting the grocery store and walking down the sidewalk the opposite direction of Keebo.

"Oma.." Keebo breathed, then quickly ran over, his heart beating a mile a minute as his sneakers thudded against the concrete. Eventually Kokichi heard the incoming footsteps and paused to turn around to meet Keebo standing behind him. The white-headed male was slightly out of breath and seemed shocked.

Both stared at each other for a moment. It seemed like ages since they last met eye-contact.

But all good things must come to an end. Kokichi quickly looked terrified and turned away and quickly began to walk away. He couldn't be around Keebo. If Shuichi found out, Keebo would be—