ᑕʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᖴⁱᶠᵗᵉᵉⁿ

#15

' ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ , ᴀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴛᴇɴᴅs ᴛᴏ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ's ғʟᴀᴡs , ᴛʜᴜs ᴡʜʏ ɪᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴀɪɴ '

𑁍︎.𑁍︎.𑁍︎

"Alright. Boys, follow me to your rooms. Girls, Yukizome-san will show you to yours," the male homeroom teacher explained, gestering for the boys to follow him down the hallway of the inn they were all staying at. Tomorrow would be sight-seeing and fun, but tonight everyone seemed just excited to see their futon and go to sleep. Even Keebo, who usually was sleep deprived with him having a habit of staying up studying, was more than eager to go to bed for the night. Though, the idea of sharing a room with all his male classmates I including Shuichi , didn't sound so pleasant. Still, it gave Keebo the perfect opportunity to keep an eye on Kokichi, and protect him from harms (Shuichi's) way.

As the teenage boys settled down for bed: showered, changed, and were putting down their futons, everything seemed so normal, that the feeling of dread in Keebo's stomach seemed pointless. Though, the sound of guys chattering, joking, laughing, and talking about girls nonstop was enough to give Keebo a horrible headache.

"Mind if we sleep next to each other?" Shuichi asked kindly when he saw Kokichi rolling out his futon on the floor somewhere by the edge of the room. Keebo almost spoke up. How could Shuichi act so innocent?

Kokichi glanced to the side, avoiding any eye-contact with Shuichi, but nodded a bit. It wasn't like he could really say no without a reason.

Suddenly a pair of feet appeared in front of Kokichi, and the purple-eyed male looked up to see Keebo standing there.

"Would it be okay if I put my futon here?" Keebo had asked, dropping it out of no where on the floor next to him. Apparently apparently wasn't taking no as an answer. "There's no room anywhere else." Of course that was a lie because there were other places to sleep, but like hell Keebo was allowing Kokichi to sleep next to Shuichi tonight, or even tomorrow night for that matter.

Shuichi's eyes narrowed at the white-headed teen who approached them, and was already setting up their futon right next to Oma.

"What the hell is IIdabashi up to ? .." Shuichi glared at Keebo for a second, then forced himself to shake off the look of a murderer wanting to slaughter their prey.

"Ah, IIdabashi-kun. I was surprised when I saw you on the bus. I didn't think you'd come," he commented causally as he watched Kokichi help set up Keebo's sleeping spot.

"My father agreed last second," Keebo hummed back, sounding quite uninterested in talking to Saihara.

"Ah," Shuichi nodded understandably. "I suppose without your father, you wouldn't have any other parent to sign the permission slip." He muttered coldly under his breath, making Keebo pause with wide eyes.

"......"

Kokichi looked over his shoulder. Did Shuichi say something? He didn't hear. He looked back at Keebo. "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, IIdabashi-kun."

"Yeah... goodnight,"

.
.
.

Throughout the night Keebo didn't get a wink of sleep. He tossed and turned, and he didn't feel tired at all. He could hear the sound of snoring coming from directions coming from the other guys in the room. Somewhere in the inn, Keebo could hear the faint sound of whispers probably coming from the girls room.