Chapter 23: Part One

we were all standing around in an alleyway, staring at the missing poster. it was kind of weird and awkward but i stuck with it anyways. even though it was a warm day, cool breezes struck my neck and made my fly aways shift in a new position. i straightened out my pony tail, toning into the conversation once again.
"They said they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe." Stan said, his voice quivered and shook.
"He asked to borrow a pencil once." Ben stated.
"It's like she's been f-f-f-forgotten because Corcoran's missing." Billy said, flipping up the poster to reveal a beautiful girl.
"Is it ever gonna end?" Stan question as you could hear Richie in the background casually shout, "What the fuck, dude?" I looked over and sprouted a little smile looking at Richie walking towards us and Eddie coming from the curb as he questioned "What are you guys talking about?" He was holding up two, pretty, perfect vanilla cones. He asked me if I wanted one early but I said no since I didn't bring any money so I could pay him back.
"What they always talk about." Richie gently grabbed the cone and took a large lick of it.
"I actually think it will end,"The Hanscom boy stopped for a moment and began again, "for a little while, at least."
I looked over to him, my eyes furrowed from the sun, "What do you mean?" I asked.
Ben began, "So I was going over all of my data research and I charted out all of the big events." He paused for a moment, "The Ironworks explosion in 1908." He took another short pause"The Bradley Gang in '35" and The Black Spot in '62. And now the kids being..." He sighed and spoke again, "I realized that this stuff seems to happen"
"Every 27 years." Billy and Ben said in unison.
————————-
posting part two later tonight!!! (at the moment it's like 7 for me)

sorry for being inactive, i've had a lot of school work going on and just personal life in general!

but like i'm still getting comments about an insult i wrote TWO YEARS AGO! and i'm white:/. like do you want another face reveal. (i unpublished my old one lolz) don't get me wrong but i feel like it's mockery to people who are actually oppressed by actually slurs!! anyways ty for reading and have a perfect day!!!