Chapter 23: Part 2

We were sitting around an open area with a large stage being in the front of us. I was getting bored. Extremely bored.
"Ok so let me get this straight. IT comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year and then what?
IT just goes into hibernation?", Eddie said quickly, fumbling with his hands, while sitting on his bike.
"Maybe it's like... What do you call it?", Stan thought for a moment and snapped his fingers, "Cicadas. You know, the bugs that come out once every 17 years."
Mike spoke, "My grandfather thinks this town is cursed." We all began to concentrate on him as he continued, "He says that all the bad things that happened in this town are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry."
Stan argued, "But it can't be one thing. We all saw something different." Looking to his left.
"Maybe." Mike said, his honey eyes looking to each and every one of us as he spoke, "Or maybe IT knows what scares us most and that's what we see."
"I-I saw a leper." Eddie stuttered out, his eyes pointing down at the grass near I sat, "He was like a walking infection."
"But you didn't." Stan said, "Because IT isn't real.
None of this is." His voice rose as he spoke, "Not Eddie's leper, Bill seeing Georgie, Y/n seeing her dead fucking dad or the woman I keep seeing." He looked at me then looked away. It was kind of hurtful hearing that from him. Like I'm not crazy. I know I'm not crazy. My dad passed away like what? 4-5 years ago. I've already passed the stages of grief and shit. Why would I want to relive that type of trauma shit. I started to pick at the grass to get my mind off of the subject.
"Is she hot?" Richie jokes, in a serious calm like tone.
"No. Richie." Stan looked at him with a disgusted face and shouted, "She's not hot!"
"Her face is all messed up." he motioned his hand around his face, "None of this makes any sense. they're all like bad dreams."
Mike looked up at him, "I don't think so, I know the difference between a bad dream and real life, okay?"
"What did you see? You saw something too?" I asked, stopping the build of my small grass crown.
"Yes." Mike said, looking back at me.
"You guys know that burnt down house on Harris Avenue?" He questioned, we all nodded, "I was inside when it burned down." He paused and took a deep breath, "Before I rescued... my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me."
"They were pushing and
pounding on the door
trying to get to me." He paused again, his eyes weary, "But it was too hot.
When firefighters found them
the skin on their hands
melted down to the bone."
He stopped for a moment and it went quiet, "We're all afraid of something."
Richie stated, turning towards the performing stage, "Got that right." While he said that I took the crown in my hands and added small dandelions in between the small crevices and made sure they were perfectly far enough apart.
Eddie questioned the frog eyed boy, "Why Rich? What are you afraid of?"
He turned his gaze back to us "Clowns."

We eventually all began getting up. Ben said he had something cool to show us so we all agreed that we wanted to see. I went over to Eddie while he was getting ready to take off on his bike.
I handed him the grass dandelion crown I made from earlier and smiled at him, "Here."
He looked at my hand then back at me, "Thanks" He grinned and took the crown from my hand as he stuffed it gently in his fanny pack.
I quickly went back to get my bike and we all started off to the secret place.

—————
here it is part twoooo

i know no one asked butttttt i worked out for three days straight:))) pretty proud of myself ngl.
anyways hope you like it!