Chapter 16

"Oh uh hey Ed's?"

"Are you up to go to the Quarry today?"

I fiddled with the string as it looped around my fingers in a repetitive pattern.

"Uh no not today, I'm not feeling very well."

There was a bit of silence, "Oh uh ok, will I see tomorrow?"

"Uh yeah most definitely." A smile rising on my face.

"Oh, well I better get going Bill's waiting, get better ok?"

I chuckled, "Of course."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I sighed and hung up, I need to get out, not be in this lousy house by myself anymore. What if, what if IT comes back? Well IT ain't gonna be finding me here that's all.

Hm, maybe I should go to the movies.

Or the library.

Or the square.

I'll walk around square.

I grabbed my bag and stuffed a 20 in the front pocket. I went down my stairs swiftly and tied my shoes quickly. I got out the door and picked up my bike.

My hair flew with the breeze as a flashback went through my mind. Richie.

3rd pov

"Wanna race, sleezy?"

"Yah betcha Toizer!"

The 8 year olds hopped on their bike as they peddled faster and faster.

"Bet you 5 dollars I'll beat you to the park!" Richie yelled swiftly and smoothly cutting in front of her.

"Alright bet, you better have the money!"

"You better have the money!" He turned to look at her thinking that she was behind him, to his suprise she was right next to him. She winked and blew him a kiss and peddled faster. Richie laughed and tried to catch up to her, his legs began to tire out. Finally they made it to the opening as y/n was the first to enter the large gates, she swung over behind a tree and tumbled off her bike onto the grass lightly.

Richie slowed down and dropped his bike rolling on the grass next to her.

"Ya did good Y/n/n, ya did good."

"Ya ya where's my 5 bucks?"

1st pov

I smiled at the younger version of us, but that thought got interrupted by a boy around my age pulling up next to me.

"Sup."I nodded, and he slowed down, I did the same.He got off his bike, I did slowly, not sure what this boys intentions were.He took out his hand in a hand shake gesture. I took it.

"Hi, my names Thomas." The first thing I noticed was his eyes. They were pretty hazel with a small hint of green that would probably take a while for someone to notice. Once our hands left, he shook his head and pushed back his sorta long blonde hair.

"My names Y/n."

He nodded and scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah, I kinda already knew that, we were in the same math class."

At first I was confused that's when I realized, "Oh yeah, Thomas Cole!"

He laughed, "Yup, that's me, at your service."

I laughed and shoved him a little, "How come you didn't talk much?"

He shrugged, "I did, just not to you."