Chapter 16.4

So excited to announce that this is the last chapter of the Naruto Couples Side Stories. The next chapter will focus on the Uzumaki Family. Spoiler Alert! Three more chapters to go before the epilogue. I hope you'll like this chapter. Please support my Boruto Fanfic too, Road to Boruto: This is my Story (Full Metal Panic Crossover).  Thank you.

Heal Me

"Maybe next time..."

Sasuke's words before leaving the village to travel around the world kept coming back to Sakura's mind.

Sasuke...

She found herself daydreaming in the lobby of the village's hospital. Sakura was currently the head of the medical unit of Konoha. She had also opened a mental health clinic for children which Tsunade, the Fifth Hokage pushed her to set up with the help of Ino and Shizune, Tsunade's long-time assistant.

It's almost a year and a half since Sasuke left the village and she still hadn't get news from him, not even an idea of when he will be coming back.

Suddenly, her face turned sad. Her gloomy eyes seemed to tear up but she was trying to hold them back.

"But..." she murmured.

"But how long will it take for you to come back, Sasuke?" She continued then she closed her eyes.

"What's wrong, Sakura?" A lady with long blonde hair spoke. Ino was standing beside her without noticing her friend's presence.

"Ino, how long have you been there?" Sakura asked with a surprised look.

"Just now," Ino replied.

"Hmm..." Sakura murmured.

"You look sad and pale. Did you get enough sleep?" Ino asked. She was worried about Sakura's health.

"Yeah, it's just that my thoughts wander..." she replied.

"Don't overwork and don't over think about Sasuke. I know he's doing fine..." Ino blurted.

Sakura stared at Ino for seconds then looked away, she still had her gloomy face.

'I know it's easier said than done but I just can't help myself from thinking about Sasuke. I just can't...' Sakura thought.

"I think you are right, Ino." She said just to make Ino stop shrewing.

"Get enough rest, okay. You are a doctor but you look so sick." Ino commented.

"Fine, fine, fine. You sound like mom." Sakura complained.

"I'm just concerned, you know." Ino pouted.

"Anyways, thanks for your concern Ino. I think it's time for us to go home." Sakura said. Ino nodded as a response to her. They both walked home together.

******

One morning, Sakura was walking her way to the hospital when she bumped onto Naruto and Hinata. They looked so happy and having fun. Hinata was genuinely smiling at Naruto and the latter was laughing like an idiot.

"Yo, Sakura!" Naruto greets her.

"Sakura, where are you up to?" Hinata added.

"Hey, guys! You two look so happy together, huh? Well, I'm on my way to the hospital." Sakura answered with a smile on her face.

"I see," Hinata replied.

"You should enjoy yourselves, okay. I have to go. See you later." Sakura said and she waved goodbye to them. The two walked away and Sakura kept her way to the hospital. She paused and turned her back to them. She saw the two laughings and really enjoying each other's company.