Chapter 8

"Uncertain Feelings"

A fresh cold wind swayed the branches of trees and made their leaves flew away to different directions. A single leaf flew towards the sky taken by the wind in no direction. A dashed shadow made it stumbled on the ground.

The shadow settled on the top of the mountains soon revealed to be a man wearing a grin on his mouth. He stood up waiting for the sun to show up. Slowly, the sun shines upon the village. He put his right hand in front of his face covering it from the dazzling effects of the sunrise. He tried to watch the sunrise with his bare eyes so he removed his hand and soon he realized it was beautiful. He believed that every sunrise was a hope for a dreamer like him.

"I'll have my face carved on this mountain, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted at the top of the mountains as soon as the sun completely settled in the heavens. He jumped off the mountains screaming "I'm gonna be Hokage!"

Naruto was completely bored. He was walking down the village streets with his hands at the back of his head. He just returned from a mission with Team 8 and his day off. He had heard it was Team 8's day off too. He was heading to the Ichiraku Ramen when he saw a familiar face outside the store.

"Hinata!" He called. Hinata turned in his direction. He rushed to her.

"Na-Naruto?" Hinata muttered.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I bought some stuff." Hinata showed him the things she had bought from the store.

"Are you knitting again?" He asked.

She nodded. "It's winter soon I got to make some scarves." She replied. Naruto rubbed his nose out of discomfort.

"The scarf you made for me, I kept it in my drawer. Gonna wear it when winter comes." He told her. Hinata was surprised and got her cheeks blushed.

"I see." She said not looking at him.

"Where are you heading?" She asked him.

"Ahh. Actually, I wanted to go to the Ichiraku to grab some ramen. Wanna come with me?" He invited her.

"Hmm. Sure, I'm not in a hurry though." She replied.

The both of them headed to the Ichiraku. Naruto ordered two extra-large misu bowls. While waiting, he told Hinata some silly stuff that made her laugh. Naruto was enjoying talking to her so was Hinata. Clearly, they were enjoying each other's company.

Upon the serving of hot ramen, they immediately savored the goodness of their favorite meal. Hinata was actually known to be the Legendary Queen of Gluttony finishing up 46 bowls of ramen beating Naruto who claims that half of his body was made up of ramen.

Naruto suddenly reminisced that moment when they first eat at the exact same place back in their first date. He was so happy, no they were so happy. He smiled at the thought of it which made Hinata confused.

"Are you okay Naruto?" She asked.

"Huh? What? Ye-Yeah, I'm fine." He smiled awkwardly at her. Hinata smiled at him and resumed eating.

She might notice me smiling all of a sudden. He thought.

He was secretly glancing at her while she eats. He was mesmerized by her beauty for some time.

I never noticed Hinata was this beautiful. No wonder why Toneri wanted to marry her. I know Toneri noticed such beauty too. He thought.

But Naruto knew that it wasn't her beauty that captures his heart, it was her pure love for him that he failed to realize before. She reminded him of his mom that he only met once. He remembered her say to find a woman like her.