Chapter 10

"Misery"

Heavy rains covered the whole village. It was a sudden change of climate, yesterday it was shining bright.

Is there a storm? She thought while watching the rain outside.

"Why do we feel sad when it's raining?" A girl asked behind her.

"I don't know, maybe because we feel cold and we can't do anything other than reminiscing some sad things." She replied.

"Is that so?" The girl asked in confusion.

"I don't know." She answered her. She walked towards the chair beside the window where she puts the needle and the thread she was using for knitting.

"Knitting a scarf again?" The girl asked.

"Yeah." Her short replied.

"For whom?" The girl asked. She remained silent.

"For big brother Naruto? You just gave him a scarf, remember?" Hanabi said while pouting. Hinata looked at her younger sister without saying a word. She then continued to knit.

"You are acting strange lately, big sis," Hanabi added.

"Really?" Hinata asked in astonishment.

"Is there anything wrong with you and big brother Naruto?" She asked. She stopped knitting for a while.

Hinata wondered how her younger sister noticed the sudden change in the atmosphere. She was too young to know about such things or maybe they were too attached to each other that she could easily read her movements. She was wondering if it's also part of their bloodline's ability.

Hinata shook her head to make the discussion end, she continued knitting and Hanabi was left with no option but to keep quiet and leaves her in the living room. Hinata paused and looked outside the window. It was still raining.

Some random scenes enter her mind.

The part when she saw Naruto and Sakura hugging each other when they were having a meal with their friends.

The scene when she saw them hugging each other from their last mission.

"..Have you ever heard of Naruto having a crush on Sakura before?" she remembered Ino asking her about it.

What if Naruto still has feelings for Sakura? That question wandered in her mind.

...Hinata, I love you...

...the one who's going to marry Hinata is me...

Were you lying when you said that, Naruto?

She shook her head and grain of tears dropped on the unfinished scarf she was knitting. She clenched her fists out of frustration.

She did not know what to think anymore. Her mind was messy as well as her heart. Fear miserably penetrating her system.

She'd loved Naruto ever since. She never doubts him, she always believed in him but she has doubted herself instead.

***

"Yo, Naruto!" Shikamaru interrupted Naruto's daydreaming. He was sitting on a bench near the park.

"Shi-kamaru." He muttered.

"You okay?" He asked him. Naruto narrowed his eyes.

"Ye-Yeah. Do you think I'm not?" He replied. Shikamaru sat beside him.

"You seem like wool-gathering just now," Shikamaru muttered.

"Really?" Naruto asked in confusion.