Chapter 6

"The Crescent Moon Prince"

The sun rises in heaven showering its light to the withered fields of the Blue Moon Kingdom. People living their daily lives with pain and hunger due to sudden and extreme poverty. Children were starving and malnutrition covered the whole kingdom.

Hinata was dressed up in an elegant and sparkling gown. It was Selene's gown. Hinata agreed on pretending to be her just for the sake of the Kingdom's future. She had her soft heart for the people of the place. She knew how Selene feels about the situation and how she wanted to change it under her rule as their leader. The old woman smiled at her upon seeing her dressed up like their Princess. Hinata was entitled as the Byakugan Princess by Hamura Otsutsuki and nobody knows about it.

"Lady Hinata, we owe you our lives for accepting our request." The old woman told her with a teary-eyes. Hinata shook her head as a response to the old woman's statement.

"I know what Selene feels right now. Her heart is in here. I think this is the only way I could help you." Hinata muttered. They nodded as a response to her.

"Madame, the Prince is here." The young attendant approached them from outside. Hinata felt nervous. She was thinking that she would mess this up but, she should not. 'I wonder what Naruto might think about this but, this is urgent he might understand' she thought.

The Princess' attendants assisted her to the sacred room. The Prince was waiting for her already. She stood up on the stage where they first met Selene. The Prince was stunned by Hinata's beauty. He was accompanied by some of his bodyguards. The Prince slowly climbed up the stage trying to get close to her. Hinata suddenly felt anxious. She was also thinking about how to explain things to the Prince if the real Princess came back.

The Prince kneeled his right leg and puts his right hand on his chest while bowing his head as a sign of respect and his sincerity for the Princess. This must be Selene and the Prince's first meeting if she was never kidnapped. The Prince took her hand and kissed the back of it. Hinata was surprised and gave him an awkward smile. He then stood up and introduced himself.

"Your highness, my name is Hikaru. I am so pleased to meet you. May I know your name?" He spoke for the first time. Hinata gulped and she was a bit shaky.

"M-my name is Hin-Selene. My pleasure to meet you." Hinata replied almost messed it up.

"What a beautiful name, as beautiful as you," Hikaru said.

"Tha-thank you." Hinata slightly blushed and looked away. Hikaru smiled at her.

"So can we start today's agenda?" Hikaru asked. Hinata nodded. He escorted her towards the dining table. The marriage meeting was about to begin.

***

"Damn it! We've been searching for years, I guess." Kiba complained.

"You're exaggerating things Kiba," Shino replied.

"I wonder if the marriage meeting takes place," Naruto muttered. They looked at him.

"I think it did not. We haven't found the Princess yet. Damn those bastards where did they take her?" Kiba showed his disgust.

"Let's get going. I feel something strange from a distance." Shino said. Naruto and Kiba seriously looked at him.

"What do you think it is?" Kiba asked. Shino shrugged his shoulders as if to say he had no idea. They kept on jumping off trees.

Akamaru barked all of sudden and Kiba got confused about his strange action. A worried Kiba did not notice the thread on his foot. A trap. And a big explosion happened.