Chapter 18

"Boruto (Bolt)"

"I'm going now, Hinata." Naruto waved goodbye to his wife. Hinata nodded as a response to him. She stared at his back as he was walking away.

Hinata got her off from work and Naruto got a new mission together with his former teammates Sakura and Sai. After the war, Naruto barely went on missions together with them as they were working different jobs now. Sakura was working mostly at the hospital and Sai as part of the investigating team.

Hinata was left all alone in the house and she decided to clean it all by herself.

"It feels like I am a full-time housewife now." She murmured. She started cleaning in the living room, next was the kitchen and dining room and lastly was the bedroom.

She was sweating badly after finishing her work. She cooked for lunch and ate just for herself. After a while, a knock on the door interrupted her from meditating. She approached the doorway and opened the door and soon revealed to be Hanabi carrying a basket of flowers. Hinata smiled upon seeing her younger sister and switched her gaze to the flowers.

"Hanabi, come in," she told her. Hanabi entered the house with a smile on her lips. She dropped the basket on the table and looked around the house. It was her first time getting into her sister's house after marrying Naruto.

"Looks like you had just finished cleaning," Hanabi commented.

"Yeah," Hinata replied while she was holding a vase in her hand.

"I see. Where's big brother Naruto by the way?" she asked upon settling down.

"He has a mission and it is my off today." She replied not looking at her instead focused her attention on the flowers.

"You seem to be so lonely here," Hanabi muttered. Hinata did not respond.

"Where did you get these flowers?" Hinata asked her younger sister.

"From our garden," Hanabi replied. Hinata furrowed her eyebrows.

"Did you grow them? I haven't seen such flowers in the garden back then." Hinata said still had her forehead wrinkled.

"How long have you been away from home? 7 months? 8 months?" Hanabi said rolling her eyes.

It has been 8 months after Hinata married the man of her dreams and becoming his wife.

"Time flies fast, indeed," Hinata said with a sweet smile on her lips. After putting the flowers on the vase, Hinata went back to the kitchen and got Hanabi a tea.

"Thank you," Hanabi muttered upon receiving the cup of tea.

"How was father doing?" Hinata asked.

"Well, as usual, he is much involved in the clan's issues and business," Hanabi replied. Hinata nodded as a response to her.

"Glad to hear that he is doing just fine," Hinata said with a relieved expression.

Even though she had been through a lot from her father when she was young, Hinata did not take them as resentment against him instead she served those criticisms as a motivation to work hard for the sake of improving herself. She always dreamt of becoming someone strong like her father.

"You look like you have already used to be big brother Naruto's wife." Hanabi teased her.

"I should be. It's been 8 months since the wedding happened." Hinata snorted.