Chapter 3

"The New Team Eight"

Naruto was walking down the village's streets heading his way to the Hokage's Office for a new mission. He had passed by different stores and restaurants. Most of the people whom he had passed by greeted him with 'good morning' or greeted him with a smile.

The village has changed a lot after the war.

He thought but, he couldn't ignore the fact that some of the people had not yet recovered from the previous war that Naruto and his comrades had brought to an end. He felt sad about the thoughts crossing his mind. He had passed by a very familiar store.

"Here, take it! Leave my store immediately, you monster." The man pushed him outside his store and threw the mask at him. The poor little young boy grabbed the mask. He left the store and ran away. He was crying. He was so sad and lonely. Everyone sees him as a demon who had cursed their village.

Naruto reminiscing the old days. Everything has changed. He was now acknowledged by everyone in the village and was loved by them. He bumped on to a group of girls chit-chatting. They even asked him for an autograph and took a photo with him. He was like a celebrity. He thought to himself. He remembered how he was jealous of Sasuke back then, he was so famous among the girls and acknowledged by everyone. He thought it was fulfilling having the attention of everyone to him now he realized it was only quite annoying.

***

"Kakashi-sensei, what is my mission all about?" He asked.

Kakashi slightly tilted his head and smiled at him. He put the back of his hands underneath his chin, still smiling at him.

"Actually, this mission is not only for you. I have prepared a team to come with you." Kakashi declared.

"Who are they?" Naruto asked.

Suddenly the door opened and revealed the people behind it. A barking dog greeted them.

"Yo Naruto!" Kiba said. Kiba entered the room with Akamaru. Next was Shino.

"Shi-no..?" Naruto muttered. Shino remained silent and lastly, Hinata entered the room.

"Hinata?!" He blurted. He was surprised seeing Team 8 together.

"You will be going on a mission with them," Kakashi said.

"Alright! This mission is going to be easy!" Naruto boasted.

"You can't boast like that because Hinata is here, idiot!" Kiba looked at him so pissed off. Akamaru and Shino kept silent. Hinata just smiled at them. Naruto gave him a sour look. Kakashi laughed at them.

"Okay, enough with your childish fight." Kakashi interrupted them.

"Anyways, Kakashi-sama what our mission is all about?" Shino broke the fight between Naruto and Kiba. All of them paid attention when Shino spoke.

"Yeah, what is it all about anyway?" Naruto repeated.

"The Princess from the Kingdom of Blue Moon asked this mission," Kakashi muttered.

"Kingdom of Blue Moon? Where is that place located though? It was my first time hearing such a place." Naruto blurted. Kakashi grabbed a map and pointed to the exact place.

"The Kingdom of Blue Moon is located between the Village of the Stars and the Kingdom of the Crescent Moon. Based on her message, a group of unknown ninjas tried to abduct her. Fortunately, she managed to ask for help before it's too late for her. She was asking for enough security before the very important occasion in the Kingdom comes." Kakashi explained.