Chapter 9

"Explosions"

"Boom!" A huge explosion was heard from the middle of the forest. A huge fire and smoke were covering the whole area. A group of ninjas came to stop the fire. They used Water Style Techniques to cease the flames. Slowly, the fire vanishes, and all that was left were ashes.

"I called you four to search for the perpetrators and investigate the sudden explosion in one of the Kaminarimon's laboratories," Kakashi said while looking at each of them. Four people were called for a new mission in the name of Sakura Haruno, Sai, Hinata Hyuga, and Naruto Uzumaki.

"You can rely on Hinata's Byakugan to search for evidence and Sai's investigative skills to successfully accomplish this mission," Kakashi added.

"We decided to put Sakura and Naruto along for support." Shikamaru, who was beside Kakashi spoke.

"Lord Sixth, an urgent request from the Kaminarimon's owner!" Shizune hurriedly enters the Hokage's Office.

"Agh.. you can just drop the 'Lord' thing Shizune," Kakashi said.

Shizune hands over a scroll to Kakashi. Kakashi immediately reads what was written on it.

"There was an assault inside the Kaminarimon's company?" Kakashi muttered.

"What? They had directly attacked the office?" Shikamaru was shocked.

"They are desperate over something important," Kakashi said.

"How do you say so?" Shikamaru asked.

"It is just my hunch." His quick replied.

"After your investigation in the laboratory, proceed to the Kaminarimon's company for details about the assault. Understood? Kakashi said.

"Yes Sir!" They answered in unison.

"Move now!" He ordered. The four of them immediately leave the office and ran towards the forest.

"Did you see anything?" Sai asked Hinata.

"6 kilometers, northwest direction," Hinata said.

"Yosh!" Naruto muttered and they ran forward northwest direction.

After few minutes of jumping off trees, they had finally reached the target point, the burnt laboratory. They stood at the laboratory's facade. A police officer guides them inside the laboratory. Hinata kept her Byakugan activated. They kept walking inside the building to look for some evidence.

Hinata approached the corner of the building.

"What did you see Hinata?" Sakura asked.

They followed her and they saw some shuriken and kunai.

"They might be some fighting before the flames burned the building," Naruto muttered.

"There were ninjas guarding this laboratory but, I don't know what the perpetrators' motives for taking this down." The police officer said. He picked one of the kunai and started the inspection.

"Keep those shurikens and kunais, they are a help for the investigation," Sai said and the police officer started picking up those weapons and wrapped them in a clean cloth.

They walked towards the building's exit and decided to proceed to the main office.

Some of the ninjas were roving around the office for extra security. The perpetrators might attack them anytime.

"Thank you for coming here. I would like to ask for your help." The owner of the Kaminarimon's company was in front of them.

"What happened here?" Sai started to ask some question to him.