Chapter 2

"Moments"

A fresh wind swayed her long hair. Falling leaves from tree branches flying across their faces. He was still waiting for her reply as she paused for a moment gasping for some air for her lungs. She was switching her eyes left to right. She then looked at him in the eyes with her cheeks blushing so bad.

"Uhm..." she broke the silence. Naruto was patiently waiting for her to say a word. She unconsciously put her hand on top of her chest, it was beating fast. She took a deep sigh and spoke.

"So glad that you ask, Naruto-kun. I deeply appreciate your invitation and I would like to go with you." She pure heartedly told him with a sweet smile on her lips.

Naruto, on the other hand, smiled at her while scratching the back of his head.

"Uhm.. so, can we go now?" Naruto asked her.

She was stunned at his question but suddenly regained her composure. She nodded as a response to him.

"But wait a minute, I will just leave my things inside. By the way, please come in Naruto-kun." She invited him to come inside their house but Naruto refused and told her that he would just wait for her outside. Well, he was not yet ready to face Hiashi.

A few minutes had passed and she finally came out still wearing her casual clothes. She was smiling at him and he responded with a calm but sincere smile her. They started walking their paths away from the Hyuga Clan's premises. Naruto was hesitant at first. He was actually feeling awful about the atmosphere. No words coming from his mouth. Somewhat like his lips were sealed. He thought of doing something not to bore Hinata. He then remembered Sai's, to-do list earlier. He started scratching his head. Hinata noticed his odd gesture.

"Are you okay, Naruto?" She asked. Naruto was a bit shocked by her sudden question. He was trying to regain his composure.

"Y-Yeah..." his so uncertain replied that made Hinata even more suspicious. He then gave her a smile and she was relieved. He started to think of what to talk about with her. He successfully accomplished list number one. As for list number two, he must initiate small talks that would not bore her. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Hinata, where do you want us to go first?"

Hinata tilted her head a little, she then pointed her index finger beside her lips and acted like thinking.

"Don't you like to have some fun Naruto?" She asked. Naruto nodded as a response. They were currently walking down the village's street. They had passed on some stores. Hinata pointed towards the direction of a play store. It was hit the target game using a kunai. You need to hit the target to get a prize. Naruto did not refuse and accepted the challenge. He was trying to show off in front of Hinata.

"This is just a piece of cake!" He muttered.

He swung his hand and released the kunai. The result was...

He failed his first target. Naruto let out a "waaaa" face feeling so embarrassed. He was a ninja and known to be the strongest ninja alive but failed to hit a target. Hinata just laughed at him. He looked at her so embarrassed.

"It's okay, Naruto-kun. You can still try and try." She told him with a smile on her lips. Naruto was feeling so down but returned to his so lively self and tried once again. Naruto actually won some prizes and gave them to Hinata and served them as presents for her.

Hinata looked so happy carrying stuff won by Naruto. Naruto secretly watching her while smiling. He thought that Hinata was not bored at all.

"Hinata, it's almost lunchtime. Let's grab something to eat." He said. Hinata nodded as a response. Naruto remembered list number three: Girls like to eat at fancy restaurants. He led her to a famous restaurant in the village. He looked at the menu posted outside the building with corresponding prices beside each of them. He again let out a "waaa" face seeing how costly the menus were. He grabbed his toad customized purse and looked for his money. I should have thought of preparing for a fancy lunch date before asking Hinata out. He thought.