4 Eyes

With Kayla and I separated, there was space in our bus seat, and the driver assigned a Kindergartener to sit with us.

And...she was annoying.

To us, she seemed like a baby.

We'd conspire all sorts of ways to get her to ask to change seats, but she wouldn't.

She must have told on us, though, because a 7th-grade girl confronted me and told me not to be mean to her friend anymore.

It scared the crap out of us because the older kids didn't interact with the younger except to do something cruel. 

Instead of talking to her I gave her the silent treatment.

I figured that if I wasn't talking to her, then I couldn't get in trouble for being mean.

And yet, this older girl continued to confront me.

She led the chorus of other high school and middle school students in the back of the bus to call me 4-eyes.

When I got to class, I was crying, and my teacher asked, "What happened?"

I told her about the bus, and she said that if it happened again to tell her.

Not sure about the length of time here, but it happened again, and again I came to class crying.

"Come with me." She said.

My teacher marched me across the street to the big building and busted in on this girl's class.

Her classmates dead silent as they watched us.

My teacher absolutely laid into her. She was way too old to be making fun of me for wearing glasses. That if it happened again, she would call her parents.

She looked like she wanted to cry, and...

She never tried to talk to me again.