1st Boyfriends and Best Friends

His name was Andrew.

I didn't even know him, but he told one of my friend's that he liked me, and... it was the first time it happened to me.

Andrew wrote me a note and drew me pictures of wolves. We held hands, and he didn't embarrass me for still liking unicorns.

Another new girl came to our school, Shayla.

I remember talking to Kylynn about her, and she scolded me because I thought her name was Sheila.

The three of us started to hang out. Have sleepovers. Quickly they were my best friends.

At home, things were starting to get weird. My mother was sleeping on the couch.

We took a family trip to Disney World. After begging and begging, they let me call Andrew. Back then, long-distance was expensive.

But he wasn't happy to hear from me, and it was disappointing.

When I got back to school, he avoided me. As in, he literally ran away from me at lunch.

A mutual friend, Sam, came up to the girl's lunch table. "Andrew wants to break up with you." Then he flashed the peace sign before scurrying after his friend.

"I'll kill him for you," Shayla said.

Outside she chased him endlessly, but it looked like they were having fun.

A week later, they were dating.

When I asked Shayla about it, she said they fell in love in math class while I was on vacation with my family.