9. Training

-The next day, early in the morning, around 7 am-

(This chapter's a bit longer than normal)

I have to admit, the thought of training with the Bellatrix Lestrange makes me nervous, and it's caused me sleep problems. I barely got any sleep, my brain constantly reminding me that I'll train with her, most likely using my wand as well. Not that I'll be able to try anything with it, she'd easily beat me with a mere unforgivable. Probably her favorite one, crucio. I shiver at the thought of getting under her crucio again. Honestly, I may not like to admit it, but I'm excited for the day, nervous, but excited. I sigh and sit up, rubbing my head. No point in trying to get any sleep, we all know I won't get any.

A few minutes later, Bellatrix's figure comes into view as she opens the cell door, looking down at me and raising an eyebrow. "Nervous?" She asks.

I nod slowly.

"Good. Now get up." She's still harsh, but it seems a bit less. Maybe she really meant it when she apologized.

I stand up and look at her, biting my lip.

Without another word, she holds out her hand, apparating us as soon as I take it.

I look around to see trees surrounding us, what seems to be bricks, the grass pretty much dead, and the whole area looking gloomy and dark. It seems deserted, like someone used to live here but just disappeared with no trace left behind except the remains of their house.

"This is where the Dark Lord trained me when I was younger. It's not the prettiest, but that doesn't really matter."

I nod and look back at Bellatrix. "Did someone live here?" I'm surprised that sentence came out without a stutter for once.

"Probably. I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, I'm going to be trusting you with your wand. I have a shield up so if you try apparating, you'll be burnt to a crisp." I flinch and she smirks slightly. "Don't try to curse me either, you don't want to see the outcome of that. We'll be training until 9 pm with a break for lunch. Understood?"
Just the mention of lunch makes my stomach growl. Sure, she's given me food over the past few weeks, but never a big amount. Enough so I don't starve, but not enough to fill me. "Yes..."
"Good." She takes out her wand causing me to flinch unconsciously. Bellatrix stops momentarily before waving it, my wand appearing out of thin air. "Don't try anything." Is all she says before she hands me my wand.

As she does so, I run it through my hands, relieved when I figure out that it really is my wand. I look up at Bellatrix who was watching me examine my wand.

"How do you normally fight?" She asks.

"Excuse me?"
"What stance do you stand in and shit like that?"
"Oh." I awkwardly get into my normal stance, pointing my wand in front of me.

Her eyes scan me over and all of a sudden I feel self conscious, afraid of what she thinks of me.

"That won't do. It needs fixing."
"My stance?" I furrow my brows.

"Yes. Your stance."
"Not to be rude or anything, but what's wrong with my stance?"
"The way you duel, it's going to get you nowhere in longer fights. Fights that take a few minutes, you'll be fine, longer ones, not so much."
"Oh....Alright."

She walks behind me, and I turn my neck to see what she's doing. A finger stops my head by holding my cheek and moving my head forward.

"Stay facing forward."
"Ok...."
"Good." There's no movement for a minute and total silence before her arms wrap around my waist and her chin rests on my shoulder, her hot breath brushing against my neck.