30. In love with you

-Still 3rd person-

Bellatrix wasn't sure what she had said to the younger girl. She had thought she just explained her sense of home, but that couldn't be it. That couldn't be why she was smiling so much. They had been talking all day, but nothing made her happier than whatever Bellatrix had said while she thought about what home was to her. She knows that Hermione likes listening to her talk about things that make her happy, yes, the young girl has pointed that out quite a few times, but her reaction has never been like this.

Hermione has been smiling the entire day, looking up at the older woman with something like adoration or something similar, and it was scaring Bellatrix as no one has ever really looked at her like that.
"Ok. Spill it. What did I say?" She finally asks the young girl.

"Hm?" She hums in response, playing with a strand of the older woman's hair.
"You have been far too...smiley ever since I told you about my feeling of home. What did I say?"

"I already told you."
"Yes, well, I have a high suspicion that you didn't tell me the full truth."

"Mmm..." She hums in response.

"Hermione."
"Hm?"
"Pay attention."
"I'm paying attention."
"What did I say?"
"I told you, you explained your sense of home."
"And?"
"That's it."

"No no, there has to be more."

Hermione shakes her head, still playing with Bella's curls.

"Oh, fuck this." The woman mumbles.
The younger woman wasn't quite sure what Bellatrix meant when she said that, all she felt was light buzzing in her head and little memories flashed along, but she thought nothing about it.

The two women stay silent for a little while before Hermione notices that Bellatrix is a little too quiet.

-Hermione's perspective-

"Bella?" I question, looking up at her.

"Mmm?" She hums in response.
"Are you alright?"
"Yeah. Why?"

"You're a bit too quiet."

"Oh yeah. I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

Bella bites her lip in thought, alternating between biting her cheek and her lip.

"Bella?"

"What did I really say?"

"Hm?" I question, wondering if she figured out what she said to me.

She sighs, knowing I'll continue acting clueless. "Why didn't you tell me that I told you you're my sense of home?"

My breath catches in my throat.

She knows

"Hermione."

"Uhm-You added in that you're still uncomfortable with that fact. I didn't want to push you or anything." I whisper lightly.

"Oh."

We stay silent for a minute before I grow uncomfortable and speak up. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
"No no, I understand your reasons, it's alright, love."
"Really?"
"Mhm." She mumbles, looking out her window. "The day's almost over." She points out and I follow her gaze, noticing just how dark it's gotten.

"That it is." I say, pouting once remembering that we have to train tomorrow.

Bella clearly notices this and laughs softly, pulling me into her side and kissing my head. "We can have another day like this some time."
I look up at her, smiling. "Really?"
"Really."