18. Awake

Light blinds my vision as soon as I open my eyes, causing me to groan softly. As soon as I do so, a body shifts next to me, to which I turn my head, only to see Bellatrix.
"OH THANK FUCKING GOODNESS!" She shrieks, laying on top of me and giving me a hug.

I try to hug back but I feel completely paralyzed, unable to move.

Bellatrix notices this, and pulls away, a glare on her face. "Don't you ever jump in front of me again!"
"W-what?" I croak out.

She sighs. "A couple days ago, you went on your first mission with me. You dueled your...old friends, and in response, they tried to curse me, which ended up with you jumping in front of me and getting hit."
I blink, trying to search my memory as to what happened exactly. "Oh." Is all I respond, the memories beginning to come back. "Right. Sorry." I say, furrowing my brow. "It's been a couple days?"
"Yes."

"Where's Harry? What about Ron?
"We caught them for a little while, but their stupid friends got in the way again." She sighs and begins playing with my hair. "But that's not the point. Don't worry about them."
I nod and look at the ceiling. "Did I fail you?"
"No, not at all. You actually surprised me on how well you did out there."

"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure darling. You'll get used to missions eventually and you'll manage to cause a lot more damage. But for now, you did absolutely wonderful, and I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that you managed to actually go against your friends and basically tell Weasel boy to fuck off."

I laugh softly, my stomach swirling with happiness at the idea that she was 'pleasantly surprised' by me. "If you say so, and I'm glad I didn't displease you."

"Mhm." She moves over so she's laying on my left side, propped up on her elbow and looking at me. "How are you feeling?"
"Considering I've been asleep for a couple days, I'm going to go with as good as I can be in this situation."
She chuckles lightly. "That's fair. Well, to update you, neither of us are going on missions for quite a while and we'll continue our training. We're not entirely sure when the so-called 'final battle' is going to be, but I'm quite certain it'll be within two to three months' time, maybe a little more."
I turn my head to look at her. "Did I cause the 'no missions' thing?"
"Well-yes, but it's alright."
"You've been looking forward to missions for so long though."
Bella smirks lightly. "Ah don't worry about me, I can always battle you if I'm bored."
"Hey-That is not fair, you are far more skilled than I am."
"Exactly."
"Don't you want a stronger opponent?"
"I think you'll do just fine. Well, once you're healed, that is."
"And when would that do?"
"Well, I suppose tomorrow. You need rest for today and you'll be back on your feet by tomorrow."
"Alright. So, what do we do in the meantime?"
She thinks for a few moments. "Make out?"
I feel my cheeks heat up and I laugh lightly. "That seems to be your favorite thing to do."
"Nah, I'd prefer sex but you're in no condition for that right now."
"You're terrible."
"Thank you, I try."
I roll my eyes, smiling a little bit.

"So here's today's plan; I'll help you with whatever you need, but no demanding anything because I do not obey you, we make out, talk a little bit, and do whatever the fuck you people do when you're not feeling well."
"What do you do when you're not feeling well?"
"I just sit in my room all day and read."
"No one takes care of you?"

"I mean, Narcissa helps occasionally but besides that, no."

"Oh. I'm sorry."
"It's perfectly alright, I strongly dislike the idea of people seeing me in a weak state. Anyways, what do you need first so we can skip to our make out session?"
I laugh at her impatience. "Maybe some breakfast?"
"Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that you actually need food. I'll be back." Before she can apparate, I grab her arm.