35. A date?

Finally putting a timeline on this awfully planned book.

EXTREMELY short chapter. Will have a longer one decently (?) soon.

-Three weeks before the war, Mione's Perspective-

"Hey Bella?"

"What?" She groans, covering her eyes as the sunlight from outside seeps through the window blinds.

"When was the last time we went on a date?"

"A what now?"

"A date." I pause. "Please tell me you've been on one before."

She scoffs. "Obviously, I just don't believe it's the appropriate time to go on one."

"But that's what makes it better. We need to spend time with each other before...y'know."

"Murdering hundreds of people?"

I wince. "Yeah."

"I feel as if we spend plenty of time together."

"We do, but not like we would on a date."
"Dates are utterly useless."

"Geez, what kind of dates have you been on?" I mutter. "You've dated so many people before me, and I've only dated Ron."

"What on earth does that have to do with anything?"

"How do I know what a date is better than you when the only person I've gone on dates with was Ronald?"

That catches the witch's attention. Her eyes snap open as she removes her arm from her eyes, turning her head to look at me. "You went on dates with that imbecile?"

"Obviously, we dated for a good while."

She scoffs. "Well, I doubt they were any good."

"Actually..."

She sits up, the covers falling off her at the sudden motion. "Do not tell me that Weasley took you on a 'good' date."

"He did, and in turn I took him on what I consider to be good dates."

Bella stares at me. "The Weasley?"

"Yes, Bella, the Weasley." I laugh. "The ginger-haired, poor, 'disgrace to pure bloods' Weasley." I quote her words from her many, many rants about the family, and she pouts slightly.

"What did those...dates entail?"

"It depended on who took who on the date."

"What did Weasley do with you?"

"We went to The Three Broomsticks-" Before I can even finish, or rather even start my sentence, Bella bursts out laughing, and I sit up in the bed, raising an eyebrow. "What's wrong with The Three Broomsticks?!"

"He took you to a pub for your date?!" She shrieks, her laughter shrill as she begins to mock him. "Oh Mione, my dearest Mione, my girlfriend, let me take you to the most despicable place with horribly cheap butterbeer and students of all years shoving each other's tongues down others' throats!"

I roll my eyes. "That's not the point, Bella, the point was that he took me out and we had a wonderful time together."

"Oh yes, and look how that turned out." She rolls her eyes, her laughter subsiding.

I stare at the woman, frowning. "Just because he turned out to be an arse, doesn't mean I didn't have any good memories with him."

"Oh please, sweetheart, you needn't lie to yourself."

"I'm not-!" I cut myself off before I get angry, and I massage my temples, sighing. "All I'm saying is that we should go on a date. That's all."

"Few places are open now, darling, due to the upcoming war."

"Not many people know there's a set date for it." (Guys I really gotta re-read Deathly Hallows before I write the war chapter LMFAO)

"But they're cowards who flee at the slightest hint of danger."

"Fair-But a date doesn't have to be out somewhere, we can do it here!"

"In the manor?"

"Yes."

"I'm not a peasant, Mione."

"How-What-How on earth did you manage to get 'peasant' from 'at home date night?'"

"You insulted me!"

"How did I insult you?!" I laugh lightly, shaking my head at my girlfriend's ridiculous perspective.

"You implied I'm not able to take you out!"

"I did not imply anything! I simply gave you an option for a date that didn't include going out and trying to find somewhere that's open while also finding someone willing to serve you, of all people. I don't think you understand just how many people would prefer to die over meeting you."

She smiles. "That's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me."

I fight the urge to facepalm. "You're ridiculous. Forget I've said anything."

"No no, now you've given me a challenge."

"A-Oh whatever, I don't care about your motivations as long as we go on a date."

"Perfect!" She claps her hands together. "Then it's settled, I will be taking you on a date tomorrow."

"We could just plan a date together, that's what I meant in the beginning."

"Absolutely not. I plan to one up that Weasley and show you what it's like to go out with someone actually worthy of your time."

"Right...And we're doing what? Going out? Staying in?"

"Going out of course, staying in would be pathetic."

I make a mental note to introduce her to at home dates as I nod. "Ok. Do I need to do anything?"

"Absolutely not, leave the details to me and I promise I'll make you forget that disgrace ever made you 'happy.' Although I still believe you're lying to yourself."

"Agree to disagree." I smile.

"Mhm...You'll agree by tomorrow."

"Ok." I laugh. "I'll be prepared for that."

"Perfect."

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!

This is a fairly short chapter, but I promise that the next chapter will be better. This was more of an introduction to the next chapter, and I felt as if it would be easier to do the idea of a date, and an actual date in two separate chapters.