34. Bella's old habits

Ok so preface for this chapter, I've been focused on college essays and school essays, so my creative writing is not the best, but I hope they'll suffice for this chapter.

I'm attempting to fix my many mistakes in this book by adding to Bella's canonic self (Y'know, insanity and root causes of it) so that's what this chapter shall (attempt to) do!

I hope you're all doing well <3

ALSO if you guys find anything repetitive in these chapters, something that's already been covered in other chapters, please do let me know because I truly can not recall anything for the life of me in every aspect of life, so please lmk what to take out : )

Oh also x2, big appreciation to helena_b_carter who made a spotify playlist for this book bc I had it playing this entire chapter and it helped me write this! I appreciate you so much <3

-Mione's perspective-

It's always difficult to get out of Bella's bed no matter how early or late it is. Bella has a larger bed and obviously everything about it screams pureblood riches, the pillows, the mattress, the sheets, the blanket, all of it is of the highest quality, fit for those of high status, making it the absolute worst to get out of since it's so damn comfortable.

The one thing that urges me to move this particular morning, however, is the lack of body heat next to me, and for a moment I panic as I sit up, looking at the empty spot beside me.

Thankfully, Bella seems to know me well enough and on her bedside table there's a note, and it's clearly in my line of sight, which means it's most likely for me. I scooch over and pick it up, sighing in relief when I notice it truly is her handwriting.

My little dove,

I'm currently out and I may be out for a little while, but rest assured, I am safe. Feel free to wander around the manor or do anything you'd like, as long as nothing is destroyed. I'll see you later, my dear.

~Bella.

Short, sweet, concise, and simple.

Definitely Bella.

I sigh in relief and place the note back on the table, letting out a small yawn and stretching.

I should probably get breakfast.

-Bella's perspective-

TW torture!!

I sigh as I kick the body in front of me. "I know you're alive."

"I'm not so sure he is." Greyback muses, and I roll my eyes.

I'm still waiting for the opportunity to rid the world of him.

Why does the dark lord have such idiotic followers? I can't stand the lot of them.

"He's fine." I insist. "He's just being a little bitch." I kick the kid again. "Wake up." I hiss.

His body shivers, and I take that as a sign of progress.

"See? What did I say? He's alive, now stop questioning me, I know far more of torture than you."

"Oh yes, apologies, oh great and powerful." He scoffs sarcastically and I scowl.

"Watch it." I turn and glare at the man. "You're already on thin ice."

He throws his hands up in a surrendering position. "I didn't even do anything! It's not my fault you're so fond of the mudblood!"