24

2019 (Around a year later) 

Tony and Pepper walked side by side. It was a beautiful morning and they were in a park with very little people, since it was currently work hours. 

"I'm not kidding!" Tony said as Pepper laughed at what he had said before.

"You're totally rambling."

"No, I'm not! Look, you know when you're having a dream, and in the dream you gotta pee?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, and then you're like, 'Oh my gosh, there's no bathroom, what am I going to do?"

"Right, and then you wake up and you actually have to pee," Pepper said.

"Yes."

"Everyone has that."

"Right! That's what I'm saying. Apropos of that, I had a dream that we had another kid. So real. We named him after your eccentric uncle. Uh, what was his name?"

"Morgan?"

"Yeah! Morgan."

"Well, actually-" Pepper was interrupted by a glowing orange portal coming into existence right in front of them.

A man in a blue tunic and red cape stepped out of it majestically. "Tony Stark, I am Doctor Steven Strange. I need you to come with me."

"I'm sorry, are you giving out tickets or something?" Tony asked sarcastically.

The man, Dr. Strange, sighed. "We need your help," he told him seriously. "Look, it's not overselling it to say that the fate of the universe is at stake."

"And who's 'we'?"

Another man stepped out of the portal. This time, Tony recognized him. "Bruce!"

"Hey, Tony," Bruce Banner said before giving Tony a desperate hug, which Tony returned, having not seen his friend for over three years.

"We need you to come with us, Mr. Stark," Dr. Strange said. 

Tony glanced at Pepper for her approval. Although her face said 'no,' she nodded her head. The fate of the world was at stake, as Dr. Strange had told them.

-

"From the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then, boom! The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals, hurtling across the virgin universe. These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence," a man, who introduced himself as Wong, explained to Tony.

Conjuring up images of the stones, Dr. Strange named each one of them. "Space. Reality. Power. Soul. Mind. And Time."

"Tell me his name again," Tony said.

"Thanos," Bruce told him. "He's a plague, Tony. He invades planets. He takes what he wants. He wipes out half the population. He sent Loki. The attack on New York. That's him."

"What's our timeline?" Tony asked, hero-mode activated.

"No telling. He has the Power and Space Stones, that already makes him the strongest creature in the whole universe. If he gets his hands, on all six Stones, Tony..."

"He could destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of," Dr. Strange finished. 

"Did you seriously just say 'hitherto undreamt of'?" Tony asked in an effort to somewhat ease the tension. 

"Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?" 

"Is that was this is?" Tony stopped leaning on it. "Look, if Thanos needs all six, why don't we stick that one in the garbage disposal?" Tony motioned to Dr. Strange's necklace-thing, which held the Time Stone.