25

"Come on. We've got a situation." Tony led Petra to the edge of the ledge where they could see Dr. Strange being held captive. Petra crouched down to study said situation. "See him down there? He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go."

"Um... Okay. Okay." Petra stood up. "Okay. Did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?"

Tony nodded. "Gotcha." Helmet forming around his head, Tony dropped down to the level where the alien and Dr. Strange were. 

"I could end your friend's life in an instant," the alien warned. 

"I gotta tell ya, he's not really my friend," Tony replied. "Saving his life is more of a professional courtesy."

The alien began walking towards Tony, telekinetically grabbing large metal boxes, likely to throw at him. "You've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine."

"Yeah, but the kid's seen more movies." Tony fired a mini rocket from his shoulder at the outside wall, causing a rather large hole to form. The depressurization that resulted quickly pulled the alien into the cold emptiness of space. It also effectively released Dr. Strange from the needles surrounding him and pulled him towards the hole as well. His cloak quickly grabbed onto him, but was not strong enough to keep him from flying away. Luckily, Petra had predicted this and caught him with a web. Tony quickly filled the hole with nanites.

Now safe and on the ground, Petra greeted the cloak. "Hey, we haven't officially met." With no response from the cloak, she said, "cool."

Tony shook his head fondly at his socially-awkward child. With a few commands, the Ironman armor retreated into it's containment in the mini arc-reactor. 

"We've gotta turn this ship around," Dr. Strange said, not even bothering to say 'thank you' or 'hello.'

"Yeah, now he wants to run. Great plan," Tony mocked. 

"No, I want to protect the stone."

"And I want you to thank us. Go ahead, I'm listening."

"For what, nearly blasting me into space?"

"Who just saved your magical buttocks?"

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet."

Tony walked towards the control center of the ship. "Admit it. You should have ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you. You refused."

"Unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you."

"And due to that fact, we're now in a flying doughnut billions of miles away from Earth with no backup."

Petra raised a hand. "I'm backup."

"No, you're a stowaway. The adults are talking."

"I'm sorry, I'm confused as to the relationship here." He gestured to Petra. "What is she? Your ward?"

"Not exactly," Petra said. "I'm Petra, by the way." She held out a hand to shake.

Dr. Strange did not take her hand. "Doctor Strange."

Petra withdrew her hand. "Oh, you're using our made up names. Um. I'm Spidergirl then."

Dr. Strange gave her a look before turning away and walking towards Tony. 

During that exchange, Tony was analyzing the controls. "This ship is self-correcting its course. Thing's on autopilot."

"Can we control it? Fly us home?" Tony did not answer right away. "Stark?"