𝟏𝟏

magenta

"wh-what are you doing here?" he was still looking to the ground, too surprised to even look up.

"wanted to see if the immortal Dazai Osamu had finally died". the other person laughed, with that characteristic cold lifeless laugh. Dazai finally looked up, his eyes meeting bright, dead, magenta eyes. "guess not". the man was now squatting in front of him, nonchalantly playing with a lock of his hair (Dazai's hair).

Dazai grinned and got closer, his nose brushing against Dostoyevsky's. "were you worried, Fyo-kun?" his tone was playful yet the look in his eyes was defiant. Dostoyevsky didn't even flinch.

"not really". Osamu giggled tenderly, he loved how straightforward the other was. he stood up and took advantage that the russian was still crouched and took his hat, putting it on himself.

now Fyodor's face did change, a childish frown on it. "give me my hat back, Osamu". Dazai was taken aback by the way the other addressed him but kept smiling.

"don't i look good, Fyo-kun?" the man's scowl just grew wider. "no, you don't". and Dazai cackled, giving Dostoyevsky his hat back. 

Fyodor stood up, fixing his clothes and adjusting his hat, putting a lock of his hair behind his ear. "guess i can go now". he started walking and Dazai pouted and sighed.

"ok". Fyodor looked back at him one more time, getting closer, he cupped Dazai's cheek and caressed it with his thumb. "can you play one last time for me, Fyodor?" Osamu's voice came out like a soft whisper and Fyodor just got closer, brushing their noses again.

"i can't, Dazai". Dazai sighed and rested his head on Fyodor's shoulder, the latter stroked his hair. "it's ok. are you going back to Russia?" he raised his head and looked at him.

"i'm not". Dazai smiled and pulled back. "ok, then you can go". Fyodor smiled, coming out more like a grimace. "Dazai, do not look for me".

Osamu grinned and got closer to the male, whispering in his ear. "no promises". Dostoyevsky glared at him and sighed, scratching a little on his arm. Dazai slightly smiled, looking at him with pity.

at the end the two were just the same.

"i'm leaving". Dazai grimaced. "yeah, ok. take care, Fyo-kun". Dostoyevsky waved at him and turned around, walking away.

Osamu laughed. his little talk with the russian just made him forget about everything and now he felt a little lighter.

he walked away too, not really knowing where to go. he walked and walked, the thunders still sounding up in the sky but not making him feel overwhelmed now.