Chapter 2

Climbing the stairs to your apartment you rubbed your hands against each other to produce some heat. At this point you just wanted to hide in the sheets of your bed because you were so damn cold right now. Arriving near the apartment door you halted in your steps

The door was already opened...

If you weren't already this cold you were sure your body would've went cold after seeing the opened door. You were living alone so who could it be?

Mustering up the courage, you pushed the door to open it completely. The lights were on and you heard some noise from your bedroom.

Oh fuck

Is it a thief?

You were still in the process of thinking who it could be when the door to the bedroom opened.

You closed your eyes and screamed loudly in fear.

"Shut your damn mouth!" A voice shouted back

Wait...

"Mom?" You asked even when it was obvious now that your eyes were opened.

"Who else?" She deadpanned

"HOLY SHIT Mom!! You should've atleast informed me you were coming tonight. You scared me!" You exclaimed.

"First thing, I wanted to pay a surprise visit and Second thing, watch your language!!" She scolded

"Oh... sorry for that." You quickly apologized walking towards your mom and giving her the tightest hug.

"I missed you." She said

"I know." You replied.

"Aren't you going to say it back?" She asked trying to sound angry. You shook your head grinning.

"How's Grandma?" You asked instead.

"She's doing fine. She'll be returning home soon." She informed

"That's great." You remarked, remembering how your grandma really hates to live in a hospital.

"I made you some food. Go wash up and eat with me." Your mom said, pushing you in your bedroom.

"Thanks Mom!!" With that you entered your bedroom, took a shower and changed into a tee and sweatpants.

As soon as you entered the kitchen the scent of the food entered your nostrils. You hummed closing your eyes.

"Here. Have some." Your mom said passing you the dish. You quickly took a chair near the counter and started eating the food.

A comfortable silence settled in between you two. You just hummed while chewing the food and your mom just smiled at your expressions.

"Mom?" You asked breaking the silence. She just nodded, giving you the permission to go ahead.

"Why don't you and grandma come and live with me?" You suggested, lowkey already knowing the answer

"We have talked about it, Y/N. I already told you, your Grandma doesn't want to leave our old house and I don't want to bother you." She replied

"You both can never bother me Mom." You smiled sympathetically

"Still... we want you to live comfortably on your own, we want you to figure out how this world works, my child." She smiled wiping the food form the corner of your lips with a tissue. "Besides, you already send us money every month from your salary and that money combined with the money I earn is enough for us to live comfortably. Don't worry."

Your mom was currently working in a convenient store. After your father died because of cancer, she was the one who took take care of you and your grandma.