Chapter 12

"I'm home" Jungkook announced as soon as he entered the living room, only to see Yoongi sitting on the couch,  rubbing his temples, looking tensed with his gaze fixated on the laptop in front of him.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked, approaching Yoongi to take a look.

It was a video clip of the press conference

"Woah. That was quick." Jungkook commented dryly.

"What bullshit is this?" Yoongi wanted to know

"I have no idea." Jungkook sighed. "None of our missions were related to his dad, right?" Jungkook inquired

Yoongi shook his head. "No. As far as I know, his father was a nice man. There's no chance of him being our target."

"Then why is that actor saying I killed his father?" Jungkook asked to no one in particular.

"Don't worry Jungkook, we'll find a way." Yoongi assured him

"I already did." Jungkook sat on the couch beside Yoongi.

"Huh?"

And then Jungkook told him the conversation he had with you a while ago.

There was a moment of silence as soon as Jungkook was done telling everything.

"I know you're not fond of this-

"No." Yoongi cut Jungkook off. "I can understand, Jungkook. I think what you're doing..... might not be the best option but it still can be helpful." He added

Jungkook smiled at that.

Jungkook never would've imagined he'd join a reporter in the task of proving himself innocent, never. But everything that happened this morning left him with no choice.

The way Taehyung accused Jungkook of being his father's murderer hurt him, honestly. Jungkook always believed that he has no right to take anyone's life as he wasn't the one who gave it in the first place.

On top of that, he could never ever take someone's FATHER away from them, not after what happened that night.

This allegation just felt so wrong to Jungkook that he decided to do anything to prove himself innocent. Not only that, he also wanted the real culprit to pay for his sin.

"Jungkook?" Yoongi interrupted his thoughts.

"Are you okay?" He inquired.

"I am. Don't worry. I'll prove myself innocent." Jungkook assured him.

"Let me know if you need my help." Yoongi patted Jungkook's shoulder. "Anytime." He added

Jungkook nodded, smiling faintly.

———–——–—

After the conference, you decided to let Jungkook head home already since he didn't seem to be okay.

Now here you were, standing in front of Namjoon and getting scolded.

"So you're really telling me you didn't record him while he was talking about his father?" He asked for the nth time, as if it was going to change your answer.

"No." You answered...again.

You didn't know why Jungkook didn't record it but whatever the reason was you weren't mad at him. Instead you were proud of him for not taking advantage of the situation.

You didn't mind getting lectured for that.

"It's all in the headlines, Y/N. And we don't have a clip of it even when our reporters were present there." Namjoon raised his voice startling you.