Chapter 31

"Your expressions have cleared. Did she wake up?" Yoongi asked Jungkook, who took a seat beside the other male on the couch.

"Yes" answered the man.

When both of them went back to being quiet, Yoongi realized how heavy the silence in the room was. Although the brothers weren't the kind to be chatty the whole day, the atmosphere had never been like this before. He had always sensed the comfort. But tonight was different. The happenings in the last few hours had left everyone broken and shook. Yoongi hated it.

"Until when are we going to be like this?" Yoongi voiced his concerns.

"I... don't know." Jungkook answered truthfully.

Talking has never been this tough.

Yoongi let out a sigh. "Are you okay?" He asked.

There it was. The question Jungkook was avoiding. The question he didn't have the answer to.

"I will be." He said. "What about you?"

"I'm great" Yoongi answered, sarcasm dripping from his tone. "Shall we order pizza?"

Jungkook raised a confused brow at that.

"Look. I know it's tough for us. Her included." He pointed towards Jungkook's bedroom. "But we can't just stay like this. We've always prepared ourselves for this moment, Jungkook." He said, talking about the times the brothers had a discussion about what they're going to do once their father's killer was caught.

Pizza was never mentioned in the discussion though, Jungkook thought

"Plus, we all are starving since morning. Let's not deny that." Yoongi continued.

"Yeah, you're right." Jungkook agreed, slowly rising to his feet to get some water from kitchen.

When he entered the kitchen, he heard Yoongi say, "Appa must be proud of us."

"He better be." Jungkook joked. Although no one laughed, Yoongi sensed the air getting lighter.

-----

When Jungkook entered his room, he saw your figure standing near the glass wall, taking in the night view.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked, making you turn your head.

You nodded and turned back to gaze at the city shining in lights. It made you feel at ease somehow.

"Are we at your place?" You asked as Jungkook appeared beside you.

"Yeah. We don't own it but we do...live here." He answered

"We?"

"Me and my... oh. I didn't introduce to Yoongi, right? He's my brother and my... partner in crime. We live together." He revealed.

"The one you were hugging?" You asked, remembering the moment you witnessed before the day finally took a toll on you and you blacked out.

"Um... yeah." Jungkook answered and suddenly he was hit with the realization of you being the witness of what he'd done at Leader's hideout.

"I'm sorry... you had to watch all that. Not the hugging part, but... when I beat him up." He hung his head low in shame.

"You say sorry a lot." You shook your head lightly. "There's no need to apologize. He deserved that and you had all the right to be angry." You voiced your thoughts making Jungkook turn his head to look at you."Also, thanks for saving me. If it wasn't for you, I would be d-