Chapter 22

"Holy Shit!" You swore as soon as you came out of Namjoon's office. You couldn't believe what you just heard.

"What happened?" Jungkook and Jimin asked in unison, too impatient to know what Namjoon said to you.

"He- Oh My God! He's not firing me!" You exclaimed with an excited and somewhat shocked face.

"Really??" Jungkook wanted to make sure he didn't hear it wrong.

As much as he wanted you to continue working here, he was quite sure Namjoon won't let you do that after what you did last night.

"How?? We need details." Jimin demanded

Few minutes ago...

"Your live broadcast last night shockingly went viral. Do you know that?" Namjoon asked

Those were not the words you expected to come out of his mouth when you were called to his office. You were sure they were going to be 'I'm firing you'

"Pardon?"

"I'm sure you're thinking why haven't I said anything about firing you and all. To be honest, I did think about firing you first thing in the morning but I have got different plans now." He said, fixing his glasses.

You gulped

"Let me ask you this first. Do you want to continue working here?" He asked, raising his one brow

You wanted to laugh at his stupid question cause... wasn't it obvious what your answer was going to be??

"O-Of course, Sir"

"Then I'll have to stop your Saturday Night lives"

"WHAT??" Your mouth was hung open in shock.

Stop the live?? How are you going to earn money then??

"But, sir-

"However you'll be allowed to write articles about The Black Knight and publish them under the name of BBC News. And if I'm not wrong, isn't that what you wanted to do all this time?" He asked, resting his elbows on the table.

You were at loss of words. All of this information was too much to process. But you were aware of your answer to his question.

"Yes I wanted to do that, but-

"It's settled then. Stopping your broadcast is a punishment for you but the only reason I'm letting you work here is because the public seems to have gained some interest in this topic of the Black Knight not being bad guy." Namjoon said, pointing at the laptop infront of him and then turning it around so that you can have a look.

On the screen were tweets or you could say confessions from people across the country saying they too thought that Black Knight was a good guy but were silent cause of others and the way media portrayed him.

Although you believed -not to mention the time you said this to Jungkook too- that there were people who thought about Black Knight the way you thought of him, it was pretty surprising for you to see that there were so many people supporting Black Knight. Also the fact that they were getting brave now because you made the first step was quite shocking and overwhelming for you.

"Oh my God!" was all you could utter at that time.

"I don't like to admit it but your broadcast last night has brought a lot of attention and popularity to BBC News and as a CEO, I'd be a fool to fire you." Namjoon spoke.

"You can make articles wording your thoughts on Black Knight. I'm sure that too will gain popularity in no time but I can't let you continue with the lives. Your salary won't be affected. I can assure you that." He said, taking off his glasses and placing them on the table after folding them neatly.