Chapter 15

"and if I am?"

Your heart started pounding fast in your chest with the close proximity and the smug look on Jungkook's face.

Suddenly, Jungkook pulled himself back. As soon as he saw your flushed cheeks and shocked eyes, a chuckle vibrated through his chest.

You were still in your own trance. He was joking, wasn't he?

"Thanks for this." He said, taking the umbrella from your hands and leaving the bedroom.

You quickly shook your head to get out of the trance.

What was that?

"See you tomorrow." With that, he walked out of your apartment, leaving you completely dumbfounded.

——————
"What are Y/N's plan on this now?" Yoongi asked Jungkook

Jungkook took a seat on the couch. "We're going to visit Seokjin." He answered.

"I know where you can find him." Yoongi said, taking a bite of his apple.

"Where?"

"He works in a bakery, his own bakery." Yoongi revealed

"I thought we decided to not dig in his life as he didn't seem to be any of our use?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

"I was going through the CCTV footage to find something about NAMJOON and heard him talk to Seokjin on a phone call." Yoongi shrugged.

Jungkook just hummed at that. "By the way, all this time while I worked in BBC news, I too, didn't find anything suspicious about Namjoon." He said

"Maybe he's too smart or just innocent." Yoongi sighed

"You said he has something to do with that incident, didn't you?" Jungkook asked

"I did. Why?"

"What exactly is the connection?" Jungkook wanted to know.

"You know the CCTV footage from that night, from the places near the crime scene were erased right?"

Jungkook nodded at that

"Well that exactly wasn't the case." Yoongi revealed. "I managed to find a footage from a local bar."

Jungkook was surprised from the new information.

"A teenager was spotted near the lake. Kim Namjoon."

Namjoon was just a teenager in 2010. Chances of him being involved in Yoongi's father's death were slim, but not zero.

"He's just a suspect then." Jungkook noted

"Jungkook" Yoongi called for Jungkook's attention

"Hm?"

"Just focus on what you are doing right now. I'll investigate more on the November 2010 murder case. Your priority should be proving yourself innocent right now." Yoongi patted Jungkook's shoulder.

"No. My priority always has been finding that culprit and it always will be." Jungkook denied

"You really think you can do anything with this stress and burden?" Yoongi asked

Jungkook opened his mouth but nothing came out.

"You already tried several times but found nothing against Namjoon." Yoongi pointed out

"I'll tell you if I find anything. For now, just find the one who killed Taehyung's father." He added

"Okay, fine."