Chapter 32

Telling the brothers about the incident made you feel lighter somehow. You wondered if it was because it's your first time talking about that day with someone. Even your mom didn't know about this. The scared girl in the past had thought not speaking about it will make it disappear, but that never happened. When you were finally ready to tell your mom, your dad had passed away and the family had been busy grieving his death, resulting in you never speaking about the trauma.

It certainly felt good to hear Yoongi and Jungkook reminisce all the sweet moments they shared with their father. It felt like centuries had passed when you finally saw Jungkook smile. "I defeated him in the fight that day." He said. "For the first time."

"I remember. He treated us with ice creams. He was really happy and proud." Yoongi responded, mirroring the latter's smile.

"Dad wanted me to be a cop." Jungkook told you. "He trained me everyday for it and told me stories about his investigation. The last story I remember was of him investigating on a newfound threat. A hidden face. " He revealed. Leader "I remember he told me his seniors didn't want him to continue his investigations. They were probably working for Leader. " He informed.

Everything made sense now.

Jungkook's father had been working on finding out Leader's identity that year. But when he finally succeeded, Seokjin shot him to death.

"That's the reason I gave up on the dream of becoming a cop." Jungkook spoke again after a pause. "I didn't want anybody to control me but I also wanted to become what my father wanted me to."

"That is when Black Knight came in the picture." Yoongi said, pointing a finger at Jungkook.

Woah

"I was wondering... why Black Knight? Why that name?" You questioned.

"Well... there's an interesting story behind that." Yoongi said before walking in his room with an amused smile on his face.

"Don't you dare." Jungkook warned, when he saw the other male walk out of his room with the infamous black star in his hand.

You were really confused as to why Jungkook was looking like he was... embarrassed?

"You see, Y/N, I made this star on one of Jungkook's birthdays." Yoongi said, handing you the star. "The initials B K had a different meaning to them initially." He revealed.

"What did they stand for?" You asked, eyeing the star.

"Yoongi, please don't s-

"Bunny Kook." Yoongi cut Jungkook off.

You widened your eyes in shock and turned to look at Jungkook's red face. He facepalmed himself, letting out a sigh.

"No way." You broke out into a fit of laughter. Yoongi quickly joined you.

"Oh my God, I can't believe this. Bunny Kook? That star.." you couldn't even complete your sentence cause you needed to let the laugh out.

"Stop" Jungkook whined but when he saw your face coming back to life he couldn't help but smile himself. "Yoongi gave me that nickname. I don't even like it."

"Y/N, you tell me. Can't you see the resemblance between Jungkook and a bunny?" Yoongi asked you to which you nodded shamelessly.

"Shut up." Jungkook whined again, throwing a pillow at Yoongi.

"Okay, I'll stop now." The older said but you could see he was still smiling.

"It's cute though." You commented

"That is exactly why I hate it." Jungkook said. "I came up with the name Black Knight to cover up that stupid nickname and then it sort of became my... professional name?"