Chapter 34

"Really?"

"Yes. I joined BBC News because of Namjoon." Jungkook repeated for the second time.

"To keep an eye on him?" You guessed, entering Yoongi's room. Jungkook had asked if you wanted to see the hacker's room and who were you to say no?

"Woah. This is really...messy." You said, taking a good look in all directions.

Jungkook chuckled and then decided to answer your previous question. "Yes, it was to keep an eye on Namjoon. Yoongi told me the CEO was seen near the lake my dad's body was found in. We tried to dig in but found nothing. It was probably a coincidence." Jungkook shrugged and left Yoongi's room to enter his own on the opposite side. You followed him, nodding at his explanation.

"Now I know why you never looked determined when it came to work." You joked at which Jungkook rolled his eyes. "You must have regretted joining BBC News at some point, no? I mean you didn't get what you were looking for in the first place." You walked towards the glass wall. For some reason, it always pulled you towards it.

"Nope." Jungkook's voice came from behind, as he slid his hands around your waist and placed his chin on your shoulder. "I didn't regret one moment. After all, joining that company led me to you." He said, kissing you on the temple.

You leaned back in his comfortable embrace, smiling involuntarily. "I didn't take Black Knight for the cheesy boyfriend type."

"Don't pretend like you don't like it." Jungkook placed another kiss on your cheek making you giggle.

"Oh no. I like everything about him." You expressed.

"Hold on. Who do you like more? Black Knight or me?" Jungkook knitted his brows in confusion.

"Black Knight of course." You deadpanned. "He was the one who caught my attention first. Remember?"

"That fucker." Jungkook tightened his grip around you. "Should I be jealous of him?"

"Jungkook, stop. You or Black Knight... it's the same thing." You laughed, turning around in his arms. Cupping his cheeks, you confessed. "I like him cause he's a part of you."

"You should really stop saying things like that if you don't want to be stuck with me forever."

"What if that's the plan?" You retorted.

"God I like you so much." Jungkook declared before leaning down and kissing you as if wanting to prove what he had just said. You smiled in the kiss, wrapping your arms around his neck. He pulled you impossibly closer before deepening the kiss.

You pulled back first since it seemed like Jungkook was planning on kissing you forever. Catching your breath, you spoke, "I should probably go."

"Hm. You should." He said but betrayed his statement by leaning in for another kiss.

"Jungkook, stop." You giggled, putting a finger on his lips. "I really should go now. It's getting late. I'll miss the bus."

"Yeah right." He said, pulling himself back and scratching his neck.

------

Munching on your sandwich the next morning, you read a text from Jimin asking if you'd like to meet him in a nearby cafe from the workplace. You quickly texted a 'sure' and sat up to get ready.

Tying your shoe lace, your closed the apartment door. Just then, you recieved a call. A smile made it's way on your lips as you picked up the call.

"Hello, sunshine." Jungkook's voice was heard from the other side. "Did you sleep well?"

You ignored the way your heart skipped a beat at the pet name and answered his question. "Yes. No nightmares, surprisingly."