fate

"Bro, can you help me to fix this please?" Jughead said to Fangs referring to his tent.

They were staying in the middle of a forest, one called Lussy's Forestry, located somewhere in Riverdale. The tamed grass mixed with taller ones were swaying with the wind, the sun was almost down, giving them a little shed of light with their lamps.

"Lame as usual, tsk!" Toni joked, gracefully laughing while crawling into her tent.

"Hahaha, hard slap, dude!" Sweet Pea added to the fun, his hands made their way to a bag of Doritos.

Jughead groaned, shaking his head, as his hands kept doing the work to finish building his tent.

"I'll help you, Jug. I don't wanna see you cry 'cause it's obnoxious," Fangs said, walking to Jughead's spot while the beanie man glared at him, chuckling.

"Well, listen up crackheads... tomorrow, we'll start roaming around to look for plants and if you want, I can give y'all free photoshoot," Toni suggested, snooping her head in her tents' mini door.

"I'm for sure in, babes," Fangs replied and Toni shrugged, crawling back in.

"Finally, this bullshit piece of... whatever, I'm tired. Let's go and sleep!" Jughead exhaled, getting in his tent, and Fangs did the same.

8 am

"Look at this, Tones. Would this do? It looks exotic at some sort," Fangs said, kneeling to take a closer look at the plant.

"Lemme see?" Toni knelt as well and tried to examine the physical appearance of the plant.

"Hmm, just take it." Toni shrugged. "Here." She handed him the bottle container and he began cutting its stem.

Fangs and Toni are botanists in their work field in Riverdale. Together with Sweet Pea, they are also part of the Serpents under Jughead's leadership. Actually, Toni was supposed to have the position, but she chose to have the chance to explore her expertise in botany and photography—as her main hobby but freelance job.

They were roaming around the peaceful and refreshing forest with Toni taking pictures here and there, whenever she would find a perfect spot and subject.

A couple of minutes later, walking on the grass with their classy boots, they stopped by a big tree for Fangs, wanting to take an aesthetic type of photo.

"Okay, one two and..."

*clicks*

"Tilt your head to the left a little then put your right hand on that branch. Okay... hmmm, step your left foot forward and... okay, let's get it," Toni instructed Fangs to pose, while the other two were sitting on the rock, eating Nachos and talking silly.

Toni positioned her camera near her eye to supposedly take the second picture when she heard someone crying and screaming from afar, so she looked over her right shoulder. By that distance, she could have a glimpse of the roof of a cabin.

"Shhh," Toni silenced the two from creating of crunches of the chips by raising her index finger in the air.

"What is it?" Fangs whispered when he saw Toni slowly walking away, to somewhere.

"Shhh!" She repeated.

They all followed Toni, walking ahead with their suspicious minds, then stopped behind a tree.

"Did you all hear that? Someone is crying from that house or what... a fucking cabin?" Toni pointed at the spot.

She looked at them, trying to convey a message of...