Part 22

I just got home from this hectic day with Liam not to far behind me. Sofia had left earlier with Blake but I don't know if she ever made it home. When I was about to close the door I heard a familiar voice call my name. I turn around and see Corbyn standing in the grass of my front yard. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I call out making my way over to him.

"I heard what happened today. Well some of it. Only the part about the Original vampire being here. Wesley said the rest wasn't his story to tell. I wanted to make sure you were okay." He said with a worried expression.

"Yeah i'm fine. A bit overwhelmed with everything that happened. I'm about to tell Liam if you want to come in and hear it to." I say.

"Are you sure you want to tell me?" He asked.

"You'll find out anyway so I'd rather tell you now." I say truthfully. He nodded and followed me inside.

We sat on the couch and Liam looked at me, "What did you want to tell me?" He asked.

"This." I let my fangs out to show him that my eyes were golden instead of red like they should be. I retracted them and looked at Liam and Corbyn's blank face. "I'm a uh... I'm a hybrid. The original hybrid to be exact. The first to ever exist." I say.

"How is that possible? You don't have the werewolf gene. It only takes place in the first born male." Liam said confused.

"That's where you're wrong. According to Luke the gene takes place in the first born Nash child, the first born male Nash child. The reason you thought that was because there hasn't ever been a female being born first in the Nash bloodline. I was the first one." I say but he still looked confused.

"Your gonna believe him over me. It's my bloodline I'm pretty sure I know more about it than he does." He said and he sounded kinda hurt.

"Liam he was clearly right if I'm sitting here in front of being both werewolf and vampire. He's probably spent centuries studying all werewolf bloodlines. A bite may not be able to kill him but he was born here. He turned because his parents were terrified that the wolves would kill them all after a tragic accident. He's spent centuries terrified of a creature that can't even kill him. I'm positive he knows more. This isn't a bash at you it's more of an awakening that you don't always know everything." I say.

He looks up at me and smiles. "You know what, you're right Madi. He is extremely old, though he may not look like it, so he probably does know more. I'm sorry that this has to happen to you. I can't imagine what you must be going through right now." Liam said getting up walking up to me.

"No I'm fine. It's a bit overwhelming but it's nothing I can't handle. I assume that Luke already told you about the deal I made with him." I say.

"Wait what deal?" Corbyn asked confused.

"We agreed that I help him take down his brother for good then he will make sure the people I care about are safe. Sofia and Blake were a given since they'll the doppelgängers and that's the reason why Bryson is coming in the the first place. He wouldn't kill them because they are too important to him. The others are safe as well. With this new found secret Bryson can't kill me so everyone will be fine." I say.

"Don't you think this is a little dangerous Madi?" Corbyn asked me concerned. "You shouldn't trust an Original."

"I trust Luke. He said that Bryson took his family away from him. I don't know what he meant by this but Bryson stuck a silver dagger coated with white oak ash in their heart and it 'killed' them. If the daggers removed they'll be fine though. Luke wants to get back at him for taking his family. He wants to take everything away from Bryson. I'm the only one powerful enough to do it now. I think before he was gonna have a witch weaken him so he could kill him himself but with me there's no need for that." I say.

"Well if you trust him then I trust him." Liam said. Corbyn was hesitant but nodded in agreement.

"Then it's settled. I'm helping Luke take down Bryson and all of us will be safe." I say getting off the couch.

"Hey Madi, can I talk to you alone for a second?" Corbyn said getting off the couch.

"Yeah sure. We can go up to my room." I say and reach my hand out to him. He took it and we made our way upstairs. "Good night Liam!" I shout as we reach the top.

"Good night Madi!" He shouted back.

We walked into my room and I sat down on my bed while he went and sat in the seat of my bay window. "Look, I know your with Wesley and everything but.." He started before I cut him off.

"Actually Wesley and I broke up just before I came home. Turns out the feelings we had were just in the moment plus he's not even straight. He thought he was though when he asked me out. We're still friends so don't feel sorry about it please." I say quickly.

"Well I'm glad everything's ok with you two but now that I know your not with Wesley anymore this makes what i had to say easier." He got off the seat and walked over to me sitting down on the bed and taking my hands in his. "I like you Madi as in I like, like you. I understand if you don't feel the same way but I just wanted to let you know." He said letting out a big sigh of relief when he finished.

"Actually Corbyn..."

A/N: It's kinda obvious what she's about to say but I wanted to leave it here. Hope you all enjoy!

Word Count: 1036