Possessed

“When the devil rises nothing but the power of sacrifice will be able to kill it.”

   Rosé felt a cold breeze rush by her, dragging her stiff hair loosely along with it. She snuff the back the warm breath that was released though it did not return back into her lungs which were close to their point of freezing.

   The rough grass beneath her feet crunched and the dried leaves broke on half, twigs stuck onto her bare feet making her whine. The metal of her heels and crown dug into her pale skin, drawing blood slowly.

   Her body hurt from the endless walking and her eyes tore themselves apart due to the lack of sleep.

    Everytime she ran away was because she feared what would come after her thoughtless actions, lead by fear she would run far, far away.

    Though this time it was not because of fear but for love, love for someone who had been killed, she had seen it and knew how it was but her feet lead her like her love was alive and waiting for her amongst the trees.

   As she walked in to the untouched forest, she took silent breaths as to not attract unwanted attention. Her heart beat loudly without control but the guilt for not saving Lisa grew bigger than her own soul, her head ached as the memory of the vampire falling to the ground played through her mind.

   She stopped as she saw a flicker of a faded red spark.

   Rosé, being curious, walked closer to the flicker to only see a torch lightening the driveway made out of gravel.

   As Rosé, a small wooden cottage started to appear in front of her. She knew she shouldn’t be going towards it, but she did anyway.

   She knocked on the door softly.

   The door opened to show a wrinkled faced old lady with purple messy hair, a bit of which was showing since the woman wore a pointed black hat. She wore a long black clock, covering anything she was wearing underneath.

   “What in search you come for, young lady.” The woman asked in a husky voice, her eyes travelling all over Rosé, and stopping to look at the gold crown in the younger’s hand.

   “I come in search of shelter.” Rosé muttered, trying to stay awake and on her feet.

   “Young lady, you shouldn’t be out here in the first place.” The woman said, taking hold of Rosé’s cold hands, pulling her inside the house.

   Rosé didn’t feel or hear anything except for feeling herself lose balance and knock herself against a cold thin frame.