16

“It doesn’t taste that good.” Kijiya complained as he sipped on the soup.

   “Stop complaining kid.” Kai said before he took a big gulp of the stew, finishing it.

   He put down the bowl before Jisoo placed her’s on top of the bowl Kai placed.

   Kijiya hesitantly brought the stew to his mouth. He took in a deep breath before stopping his breath as he drank all of the stew.

   He slammed the bowl down on top of the other bowls. Kijiya coughed pressing his left hand on his neck.

   “Stupid idiot.” Kai mumbled. He got up with the bowls in hand, walking to the stall he had gotten the food from.

   “Was it that bad?” Jisoo asked him plainly. Kijiya stopped coughing as he turned to look at Jisoo with a burning glare.

   “Was it that bad?” Kijiya mocked Jisoo.

   He got up from the ground and walked over to Kai. Jisoo rolled her eyes before she got up and followed behind Kijiya.

   “We should get going.” Kai said, turning towards Kijiya and Jisoo. The both nodded in agreement.

   “Do you need anything before we leave?” Kai asked. Kijiya shook his head ‘no’ while Jisoo looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

   “Yup, let’s go.” Kai said. Kai turned around and started walking, Kijiya following behind.

   Jisoo whined, stopping on the brick before she ran after the two men.

   “Sandy’s house might be a bit farther from here.” Kijiya said.

   “What makes you think that?” Kai questioned.

   “Based on how we are getting closer to the yellow brick road.” Kijiya said, pointing at the yellow colored road that was starting to come into their eyeshot.

   “Why is the house mostly known for being on the yellow road? What is the yellow road?” Kijiya questioned.

   “You seem pretty stupid for a Purkia.” Kai scoffed. “It’s yellow because it’s yellow.” Kai said. “People give dumb colors to a varouis brick road thinking it will make sense, or would make sense.”

   “What’s the difference between will and would?” Jisoo asked from behind.

   Both Kijiya and Kai rolled their eyes before walking on ahead till they stopped from where the yellow road started.

   “Let’s go?” Kijiya asked.

   Jisoo nodded while Kai just started to walk above the yellow bricks. Jisoo sighed, following behind Kai along with Kijiya.

   “You two seriously need to get along.” Jisoo said, loud enough for both Kai and Kijiya to hear it.

   “After this ends, there will be no reason I would need to know either of you.” Kai said.

   “We’re Jennie’s friends!” Jisoo snapped.

   Kai stopped walking, taking a deep breath before he turned around to look at Jisoo and Kijiya who had also stopped. “So what?” Kai scoffed.

   “You barely know Jennie! You don’t even know how old she is.” Jisoo said. Kai was about to say something but kept quiet. “See you don-”

   Kai raised his hand and put a finger on his lips, signing the two to be quiet. Jisoo huffed, looking around to see what made Kai stopped.

   They suddenly heard a swish sounding, sounding as if though a person or an animal was running in the trees.

   “Someone’s here.” Kijiya mouthed. Kai nodded in agreement, looking at the trees as another swish sound came.

   “Big mistake.” A deep dark voice said.

   The three jumped up in shock as they slowly turned to their right to see a winged-horned creature standing there, between some trees.

   “Lisa?” Jisoo asked.

   The creature’s head snapped towards Jisoo.