Stay

“Kai! Dinner’s ready!” Jennie shouted from the dining room as she placed a pot of boiling soup on the table.

   She straightened and started to put down plates on the wooden table. She put two plates down before she straightened up again.

   She went to the door which led outside. She walked further towards the ground and saw Kai holding a hoe in his hand.

   He was talking to another man who seemed to be a traveler.

   Jennie approached them.

   “Are you sure?” Jennie heard Kai asked. She stopped walking as the other man nodded.

   “She was with the queen.” The man said.

   Kai turned towards Jennie who looked at him confused. He sighed before he turned to the man.

   “Queen?” Kai asked.

   “Yea, the princess that used to hang out with you, she married the Juit prince.” The man said.

   Jennie’s head snapped to Kai, the two now looking at each other with shocked expressions.

   Jennie looked at the man and walked near them.

   “Rosé?” Jennie asked.

   “I think so yes.” The man answered to Jennie.

   “Where did you see them?” Kai asked.

   “Ever heard of ‘Sandy’?” The man asked.

   “The witch?” Jennie questioned. The man nodded slightly.

   Her eyes shot open, she grabbed Kai’s hand quickly and pulled him towards the wooden farmhouse.

   “We gotta go find Jisoo…” Jennie said to Kai.

   “We don’t even know where she is.” Kai said. Jennie stopped walking as they reached the entrance of their house.

   “Purkia.” Jennie said.

•°•°•°•°

   Purkia was the last place Kai wanted to go to.

   Kai going there meant that Jennie would be happy, Kai had to go even though he didn’t want to.

   “Jennie-ah!” Kai shouted as he ran upto Jennie who was walking into a dress shop.

   Kai reached out to Jennie’s hand, tightly held it as he pulled Jennie to turn to him.

   “I told you to stay with me.” Kai whispered-shouted.

   “You were too busy ‘admiring’ the place.” Jennie said, pulling her hand out of Kai’s tight grip. Kai looked around the place.

   The shop was all wooden with shelves where many folded clothes were placed. There were many mannequins made out of straw, there were beautiful dresses on them for show.

   Kai turned back to Jennie who was staring at him with a blank face.

   “What?” Kai asked.

   “You done with the ‘admiring’?” Jennie asked. Kai nodded slightly.

   “Why are we here?” Kai asked as Jennie took his hand in hers and started to lead them to the counter.

   “This is the only place Jisoo would go after the whole escape thing.” Jennie replied. They stopped at the counter, a young girl looked up at them from her book.

   “Is Sooya here?” Jennie asked the girl. The girl got up and walked somewhere. Jennie turned to Kai.

   “Why would she come to the place she escaped from?” Kai asked.

   “Jisoo thinks that living in plain sight is more safe than somewhere else.” Jennie replied, she turned to the counter.

   “Plus, this is her childhood house.” Jennie said.

   She turned her head to Kai who was looking at her with a weird expression before realization hit him.

   “No wonder!” Kai gasped. Jennie rolled her eyes with a chuckle and looked to the counter. “You three really do look like Purkian…”

   “We look different from others, even from each other.” Jennie said. “We grew up here…” Jennie murmured.

   Thinking of a way to tell Kai about where they were actually from.

   “Chikoya nanuya dariko chipel, frayu kujuya.” Jennie said.

   Kai stared at her confused as Jennie turned to look at his expression. She jerked up straight, turning to Kai, stepping three steps back.

   “You don’t know Kuriakian!?” Jennie shrieked.

   “Of course humans don’t know.” A voice broke the conversation. Kai and Jennie’s head turned to a girl.

   “JISOO!” Jennie shrieked, lunging at Jisoo and trapping her in a tight embrace.