13

“Hey, this one’s good.” Jisoo said. Kai sighed before he turned to her.

   “We are going to Sandy’s, you already have a sword.” Kai stated.

   Jisoo perched up her head, her eyes went big and got cuter like a dog’s eye. Her lips were caught in a pout.

   “No.” Kai sternly said. Jisoo whined, kicking her legs cutely, looking at Kai with puppy dog eyes.

   “Can we go if I buy you that?” Kai asked. Jisoo nodded her head quickly. Kai groaned before he turned to the vendor hesitantly.

   “How much?” Kai asked the man.

  “Six coins.” Kai nodded as he opened his coin sack and took out six silver coins.

   The man took it before he handed Jisoo a brand new katana sword.

   Jisoo put down the one that was in her hands before she took the sword in the man’s hands.

   “Thanks.” Kai said. He tied his sack to his waist belt.

   He grabbed Jisoo’s hand as she was admiring the katana in her hands. Kai started to walk to where he thought they were going.

   The directions they asked from the vendor were said to be that they had to just go straight before a yellow brick road started. The one they were on was blue.

   The brick roads play a big role in the trip system, mostly traders use it but even if a normal person had to go somewhere far they would use these brick roads so they won’t get lost.

   Kai wasn’t really planning on staying on the road before he hated the thought of using them, having to talk to traders and see how Jisoo just got distracted by their stalls.

   Kai keeping his patience and Jennie in mind, he kept walking forward, tightly holding Jisoo’s hand so she won’t go here and there.

   “Kai!” Jisoo said, pulling on Kai’s hand as she stopped once again to look at a stall.

   Kai stopped with a groan, hitting his feet on the brick filled with anger. He turned around and saw Jisoo looking at a clothing store.

   He looked at Jisoo’s outfit and groaned when he thought it would be a good idea if both of them got new outfits before continuing on their journey because of how bad their clothes looked now.

   “Fresh ones from Wakoya.” The vendor said. Jisoo looked up at Kai with pleading eyes. Kai had no way out of it since he needed some for himself too. Kai nodded.

   Jisoo jumped up and down before she looked through the women’s section as Kai looked at the men’s.

   The one Jisoo picked out was a red cloth stitched as a shirt with a deep neck and reached to her knees from the front as it reached to her feet from the back.

   The cloth had different types of flowers of white, pink and red made on it. She paired it with plain black tights she found.

   Kai picked out a simple white silk shirt along with black trousers.

  “How much?” Kai questioned as he put his and Jisoo’s chosen outfits in front of the vendor.

  “24 coins.” The vendor said. Kai sighed before he opened the sack, still tied to his belt.

   He one by one took out the coins and placed them in front of the man. The man counted the final coins as Kai tied the sack up.

   “Is there somewhere we can change?” The man pointed to a hut as he folded the clothes the two were taking.

   Kai turned and looked at the hut, it seemed old but it wasn’t like they had to stay there for more than two minutes. Kai looked back at Jisoo as she grabbed the clothes from the man.

   “Let’s go?” Kai asked Jisoo. Jisoo hummed before she turned to the direction of the hut. The two started walking there.

   The hut from the inside was plain, nothing much really just furnished with a wooden table and a few chairs.

   In the corner was a red folding screen, covering a corner so that people could change behind it.

   Jisoo went first and then Kai, both satisfied with their new outfits.

   The both threw out their old clothes before continuing their way along the blue brick road to Sandy’s house.