20

Rosé stood at the feet of the stairs with her hands behind her back, hiding a small dagger in her left hand.

   “Were you that scared that you had to banish me from the palace?” Rosé asked.

   “You are not welcome here. What do you want?” The King said.

   “Is it because of your 'daughter'?” Rosé asked. The king gulped, the action making Rosé laugh evilly. “Where is she anyways?”

   Rosé started to look around. She hid the dagger in her sleeve as she turned around and looked here and there, hoping that the girl would appear.

   She turned back to her dad.

   “So scared that you had to lock her?” Rosé mocked.

   “She's none of your concern.” The king said, starting to get angry.

   “Pathetic.” Rosé said, taking a step up the stairs.

   “Weak.” Rosé put her right foot on another step.

   “Selfish.” Another step.

   “Pretender.” Another step.

   Rosé stopped and looked up at her dad who was holding the arm rests as if his life depended on it.

   “You're a fake, trying to rule the kingdom when all you do is fail.” Rosé looked down at the stairs and took another step.

   “The 'war' you had with Juit.” Another step.

   “So many people lost their lives.” Another step.

   Rosé stopped and looked up at the king.

   “Just because of you just because yo-.” Rosé was cut off as a young kid ran in and quickly went up the stairs to the King.

   The kid wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him in a hug.

   Rosé could see how panicked the King was, hesitantly putting his hands on the kid.

   “Dad is busy, you have to go.” The king mumbled to the kid, trying to push her away.

   The kid got off of him, turning to Rosé to smile at her. Rosé's angry expression changed to a fake smile.

   “Who is that beautiful lady?” The kid asked in a cute, soft voice.

   Before the king could speak, Rosé cut in,  “Come to me kiddo.” Rosé opened her arms as a welcoming way.

   The kid was about to run to her but the King held her quickly along with the throne room doors shooting open.

   “Get her!” Rosé heard the Queen shout.

   Many guards rushed to the stairs, staying two stairs away as they pointed their swords at Rosé.

   “That’s cute.” Rosé chuckled.

   She turned around on the stair, looking at the swords and the guards carefully before she turned to the left from where her mom was coming up the stairs.

   Her mom stopped on the stair above her, stretching out a sword.

   “Aww! The wife has to protect the ‘husband’.” Rosé mocked.

   The king picked up the kid and carefully placed her on the throne as he turned around.

   The king stood in front of the kid in a protectful way, the kid herself peeking from the side to look at what was going on.

   “What do you want?” The Queen asked.

   Rosé’s head snapped to her.

   “Pretty dumb of you to ask me that.” Rosé chuckled. “And you just gave me an open way to what I need.”

   Rosé turned her head to her dad.