7

Hot wet tears fell out of Jennie's eyes. Regretting that day, regretting for not being close to her dad.

   The night of Christmas had shaken her life.

   The table was left abandoned as it sat in the living room filled with carvings that she thought Kijiya had made when he was young.

   She turned to Kijiya with a weak smile.

   “Dad…” Jennie sobbed out, her smile falling as she fell into long strands of crys.

   Kijiya approached her, carefully wrapping his hands around the girl.

   “I’m sorry!” Jennie cried out. “I’m so sorry, I-I should’ve been there…”

   “Shhh…” Kijiya shushed. “It wasn’t your fault.”

   Kijiya looked up and saw his mom standing near the couches, fiddling with her fingers looking at the two.

   Kijiya pulled away from the hug and made Jennie look up at him.

“What happened? I thought you and Kai went under.” Kijiya said.

   “Lizzy…” Jennie sobbed out. She brought her bare arms to her eyes and whipped off the wet tears.

   “Someone saw her with Rosé, outside of Sandy’s house.” Jennie said, whipping the last of the tears off before she lowered her arm and looked up at Kijiya.

   “What!? we gotta go!” Kijiya held Jennie’s hand and quickly walked to the door, he opened it and went out, pulled Jennie with him.

   As soon as they stepped out they saw a guard on top of Kai who was pushed against the cold floor as Jisoo was trying to fight off another guard.

   “See! Now you got us in trouble!” Kijiya shouted, the guards looked up at him.

   Two other guards came and looked at the two trying to figure out who they were.

   “One...Two...Three!” Kijiya and Jennie turned around in a big jerk and started to run through the old alley to escape the guards.

   On the other hand Jisoo had just broken free from the strong guard, she pushed him making him fall to the ground with a loud groan.

   Jisoo rushed over to where Kai was pushed down as the guard tried to tie him.

   With all the energy Jisoo had in her, she pulled the guard off of Kai and threw him away. Jisoo quickly helped Kai up and they made a break for it.

   “Jennie!” Kijiya shouted. Jennie stopped and looked back but she was soon yanked by a hand to the front.

   Jennie came face to face with an older guard. Jennie let out a shriek as she felt a whip hit her waist.

   Kijiya ran faster trying to get closer to Jennie but he himself was stopped by a boy. He was turned to him.

   Kijiya tried to yank his hand away but the boy pulled him closer by force.

   “The guards will take care of her.” The boy said as he forcefully pulled Kijiya away from the scene.

   “JENNIE!” Kijiya shouted louder, again trying to yank his hand away from the boy.

   The guards whipped Jennie again as she fell down to the floor in pain.

   “You're coming with us.” A guard said to Jennie as he pulled her off the floor harshly.

   Jennie got pushed into an iron cage by the guard. The guard closed the cage door and smirked looking down as Jennie groaned, holding her stomach in her hand.

   “Kai!” Jisoo shouted.

   Kai looked towards her and saw her weirdly pointing towards a part of the woods that were inside the kingdom walls. Kai turned while still running and ran towards Jisoo.

   The both then ran towards the woods as they were being chased down by three guards.

   “I’m tired…” Jisoo mumbled, loud enough that Kai could faintly hear it.

   Kai took a while to perfectally hold onto Jisoo. He looked back and saw that the guards were far enough to help Jisoo.

   He stopped and pulled Jisoo back with him, making Jisoo stumble. Kai quickly let go off of Jisoo and bent down onto his knees.

   “Quick!” Kai said.

   In a quick motion, Jisoo swinged her legs over Kai, legs on both sides of Kai’s body.

   She carefully sat down before Kai shot up, grabbed her thighs from underneath.

   Kai looked back at the guards as saw they were gaining up to them.

   Jisoo held tight onto Kai’s neck as he turned around and started to run into the jungle.