Chapter Five

"Guys, guys!! It's that giant dude, Hagrid, from Diagon Alley!" Grian pointed as the train started to stop. As they slowed to a stop, everyone grabbed their wands and shoved the remaining sweets and cards into their pockets.

"Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to school separately." A voice echoed through the train. Everyone said bye to Jellie and Hermit as they walked out. Bdubs, Grian, and Scar noticed Harry and Ron and waved. Harry noticed and nervously waved back.

"Firs' years! Firs' years, right this way!" Hagrid led them through a narrow, wet path. Everyone kept slipping and stumbling, and Doc almost made Bdubs fall over (luckily, Doc caught him before he could fall).

Eventually, they stopped at the edge of an enormous lake, with a gorgeous view of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"Wow..." Everyone was speechless. All the Hermits found a smile on their faces, even Doc, who had a habit of only showing half of what he was feeling.

Everyone got into a boat, which only allowed four at a time. Grian, Iskall, Mumbo, and Xisuma were in one, Bdubs, Tango, Impulse, and Ren got into another. Doc, Scar, and Zed got into a boat with a brunette girl.

As the boats moved (they'd tuned out Hagrid, they were too focused on either the castle or each other's conversations), Scar started talking to the brunette. She introduced herself as Nebula, but she didn't share a last name. She and Doc clicked almost immediately.

*Only the second time skip... wow*

After seeing McGonagall, ghosts, and standing in line for sorting... Everyone was nervous. At least it was only a hat. Sure, a hat that sang, but still just a hat.

"Abbott, Hannah!"

The blonde girl stumbled to the stool and put on the hat. One moment... then...

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Hannah walked over to the Hufflepuff table.

"Adel, Iskall!"

Iskall walked to the hat and felt awkward as he put it on.

"Hmm... plenty of courage, wish to help others, bravery..." Iskall heard the hat's words pierce through his mind. "Better be..."

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Iskall smiled and almost ran to the Gryffindor table.

"Baklo, Brian!"

Bdubs winced at his real name, and walked over, sat down, and put the ragged hat on his head.

"Very bold, very daring. Clever... better be..." Bdubs swallowed down his nervousness.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The Gryffindor table cheered again, and Iskall waved Bdubs over.

"Boot, Terry!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Brocklehurst, Mandy!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Brown, Lavender!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

A few more were called up until, "Dremla, Grian!"

Grian took a deep breath as he walked to the stool.

"Hmm... Difficult... Very difficult. Very clever, very loyal, very brave..."

Grian hoped that he could be with either Iskall or Mumbo, but he secretly preferred Gryffindor.

"Very well..." Grian held his breath-