Chapter 3.2: Discovery

Black, now alongside his own Pearl, were inside a dark room, a "Control Room" of sorts. The main controls were not exactly what the Diamond had expected, but it was a simple concept that he could adjust to. It was a raised platform in the center of the room, in front of a triangular window. And as he stepped onto it, faint glow enveloped his legs, all the way to his waist and then halted.

Black: Now, walk.

Out of the ship, several green Gems, Peridots, observed the ship beginning to walk. At first it was slow, then it began to pick up speed along a massive runway. Finally, it leaped high into the air, and beyond.

Back inside, the two Gems watched as the bright sky of Homeworld was replaced with the darkness of space.

Pearl: We have successfully taken off, my Diamond. We'll arrive on Vulcan within four days.

Black: Good, what other forces will be accompanying us?

Three holographic screens suddenly appeared in front of the black Pearl.

Pearl: There are 6 colony ships on the same route as us. They will arrive ahead of time, and six command bases are to be fully constructed and operational by the time we land. Afterwards the terraforming will commence.

Black: Excellent. The creation of the Black Court and a sufficient army is of the highest priority. Although the planet possesses no life, there may be a hazardous environment. Then a harvest of other suitable planets will be initiated for use in technological development.

Pearl: I will begin calculating a schedule for these future projects immediately, is there anything else to keep in record?

Black: Yes, we will also be researching a method to improve our current weapons and transportation. I've taken the liberty of inspecting our latest model colony ships and armaments, they are strong but have not yet reached their absolute potential. I do not know all that exist in this universe, but I will ensure Homeworld's authority by any and all means.

Pearl: Right away, my Diamond.

(Days later.)

The ship soon approached the planet known as Vulcan, a dull-looking world in Black's eyes, much like the one he emerged from. The only difference here, is that Vulcan will become the foothold on what Black will see to a vast empire.

Pearl: We shall land shortly, My Diamond.

The surface was rocky, and was looked like volcanic ash covered the entire landscape.

Black: Locate the nearest Gem settlement and prepare for landing sequence. I wish to see what progress they have made so far.

The vessel landed near a gray metal structure.