Chapter 5: Consequences

One Day, On An Unknown Planet's Moon

(Yellow)"You were told to be prepared cycles ago. There will be no more excuses. Get it done. And don't expect me to look kindly upon this transgression. Embark at once."

(Nephrite)"B-But my Diamond, the planet has or-"

(Yellow)"Yes I know there's organic life on the surface, it's an invasion."

(Nephrite)"Yes, but-"

(Yellow)"You will stick to my orders and you will destroy them!"

(Nephrite)"I'm not saying I won't, but couldn't we go at this another way?"

(Yellow)"No. I will not repeat myself."

(Nephrite)"...Alright, I will drop the subject. I forgot that organics could pose a threat to the colonization."

(Yellow)"Well, you'll have to remember, won't you?"

(Nephrite)"Yes..."

(Yellow)"The dullness of this exchange tires me. Just land the dropships and do your pathetic job for once. Or I'll shatter you and your crew myself!"

(Nephrite)"Y-Yes my Diamond!"

The transmission ended, and the Diamond feel back into her chair with a sigh of frustration.

(Black)"Having some trouble, Yellow?"

She jumped at the sudden sound, but quickly went back to her normal state of mind, a big, grumpy lady. I always found that funny.

(Yellow)"Black, what are you doing here? I'm busy right now."

(Black)"Can't I visit my big sister every once in a while? We don't talk that much anymore."

I had heard the term "siblings" on a planet a few years ago, and have been using it ever since. I call Yellow and Blue my older sisters, and White my mother. The last two don't mind, they kind of enjoy it, but Yellow seems to be annoyed by it, so I do it every time we meet.

(Yellow)"Well, couldn't you pick a better time? I'm trying colonize a planet."

Three yellow dropships flew past the base, and towards a planet in the distance.

(Black)"I noticed. Looks like your soldiers are having second thoughts."

(Yellow)"Yes, it's becoming more and more often, and irritating..."

I floated up, and sat down on her right shoulder. I looked over a screen she had up, which displayed a green bird-like creature.

(Black)"Is that the thing giving your Gems so much trouble?"

(Yellow)"Yes, one of them. They have similar abilities of Quartz soldiers."

(Black)"That a fact? I never thought that an organic could copy us."

(Yellow)"..."

(Black)"...So last month, I learned something I could do."

(Yellow)"Uh huh."

(Black)"There was this Gem in my court that broke the law, killed another Gem out of anger. When I was about to...fix that mistake, my hand shot out a purple light."

(Yellow)"Uhh huh."

(Black)"And when this light hit the Gem, which was a Quartz, she began to...change."

That seemed to get her attention, as she finally separated her eyes from the various screen around her to look at me.

(Yellow)"How so?"