Chapter 3

We chase the Kanima- Jackson through the streets. I went between two buildings into a dark alley. The walls were thin but wide enough for me to fit. I planted myself and swiftly leapt. I hop from the two walls trying to get to the top without falling. The walls were slick with dirty, murky water. The roof could over look most of the town. I saw Jackson crawling across a wall on the street over. He twisted his head and snarled at me before continuing to the other side of the building. His actions make me shudder. I peered down at Scott running along the street.

"Scott!"

He slowed to a stop and looked up at me. I pointed at the building and he started sprinting towards it. My feet walk me to the edge of the building. I glanced down, there was a smaller apartment complex below. It would be a big drop till the bottom. One foot goes over the edge, all my weight leans forward. Next thing I know, I'm in the air. The air blows in my ears causing it to sound like I was in a tunnel. My arms are flailing in the air not able to help with magic. I quickly focus my mind on landing softly. And it worked. I landed smoothly, purple strands of magic streaking through the ground.

Huh. I didn't know I could did that.

That fall made me feel like everything weighing me down was gone. But it was renewed when I remembered I was on a mission. I brushed the hair out of my face and continued walking.

Following Scott's scent led me to a club called Jungle. Not the cleanest place, certainly not the dirtiest. I heard Stiles and Scott talking in hushed voices outside the club. I followed their voices and strolled up next to them. I tapped Stiles on the shoulder and he jumped.

"Oh my god!" He jumped in shock. "Did you lose him too?"

"Yeah, he doesn't have a scent."

"All right, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asked.

"To kill someone," Scott said vaguely.

"Dun, dun, dunnnn." I whispered. Scott squinted his eyes at me.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Stiles said sarcastically. Scott and I roll our eyes. "What? Guys, come on. I'm one hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, sarcasm is my only defense!"

Scott sighed. "Just help us find it."

"Not "it", Jackson."

"Yeah, I know. I-I know."

"All right, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?"

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway.

"But that's the thing, how did he pass the test?" I asked.

"I don't know."

My eyes dart between the two boys in front of me. I don't talk as much as they do, that's for damn sure. I usually sit back and listen to others conversation. Most people think it's weak when you stay silent. I think otherwise. I learn the most this way. What their motives are, their weaknesses, along with their strengths.

My phone started ringing. I took the device out of my back pocket. I nod my head at Scott and Stiles. "Give me a second." I walked a couple feet away. "Hello?"

"Phoebe guess what!" There was a excited Logan on the other end of the phone. He's in his 'nobody talk to me' phase, so him calling me with his own free will is a miracle.

"What?!" I said matching his energy.

"Take two steps forward." I do as he says. "Now look to your right."